Easiest Study Sessions

Obviously this depends somewhat on background, but what are some of the easier or shorter study sessions for Level II? After griding through the rather long (IMO) SS6, I’m trying to look on the bright side.

Economics is almost entirely from LI. Asset val and equity seemed straightforward and the corporate finance section begins with fairly simple concepts (M&M, capital budgeting, break even analysis, DOL & DFL, etc…). There are definately a few confidence boosters in there.

I second doworkson’s opinion.

The part on hedge funds didnt seem to bad

None of it has been that difficult to understand so far…it’s retaining everything that’s the problem. Honestly, I always have a hard time with FSA because it just doesn’t hold my attention. *yawn*

I’ve read Ethics, Quant, Econ, FSA, and Corp Fin and honestly haven’t seen anything yet that is absurdly difficult. I’m finding that there’s tons of material from level 1 in there, especially Econ. Was this how it was with last year’s exam? I feel like those of us who just took level 1 are lucking out with all of these changes.

SS 10 is pretty easy. 11 is slightly harder than 10. 6 was hard. 3 was also hard.

so who is in love with SS 6?

I am taking a qbank on SS6 right now and lets just say it is not pretty so far.

Maybe it’s just me, but I read the time series stuff in the quant section and found it impossible to understand. I’m going to have to go over it a few more times!

Econ so far is easy… I’m just worried about asset valuation “planning to go through 8 SS’s in 1 month”… hope that’s not a brain cruncher!!!

“Maybe it’s just me, but I read the time series stuff in the quant section and found it impossible to understand. I’m going to have to go over it a few more times!” No, your not the only one. It confused me as well. I read it three times, and finally getting hang of it.

I’ve read through 3, 5-7, 14-16. So far 3 and 6 has been a killer (Time Series sucks), rest seems ok. Working through 17 right now …so far so good. Retention is a different animal though

I found the first section of PM to be relatively easy since it was so close to the level 1. Just like with level 1 the FSA just doesn’t stay with me a few days after I read it.

Don’t sweat time series. I found it very confusing at first, but the more times I read it the more I got the hang of it. I just got an 89 on an LOS quiz and that includes a stupid mistake I made on one question.

start with SS10 lol

FSA is always a nightmare. Can’t say it’s difficult or anything… but it certainly is boring! I already discussed my feelings about Time Series in another thread… yikes. Eco is ok but just not my cup of tea. All asset valuation is quite nice and so is portfolio management. Haven’t done ethics yet but looked like there was quite some overlap with L1.