East vs West

It could be different sets of papers in the same exam hall also right? Never verify this before…

It makes complete sense to have two different AM papers. Somebody could easily write the exam then post details on another forum or email an international friend the information. This would give the +1 day candidates an advantage to writers without exam content information. At a minimum the CFAI needs to mix up the order of questions and perhaps change a few questions entirely. It would be surprising if CFAI didn’t take these steps.

Why in the world would anyone do that? I don’t get it…maybe it’s just me, but besides potentially blacklisting yourself from the industry for the rest of your life, how would cheating and abetting others to do so on an exam make you feel as a person? I would rather fail 50 times over than pass once by breaking the rules, even if know one ever found out…like how could you even face yourself in the mirror?

I went to a college where we had unproctored final exams you could take on your own time…people would leave their backpacks and laptops in the library unattended overnight. The sort of cheating you describe is kind of pathetic.

It would not be different sets in same hall. Because remember they call out asking for folks in an exam hall to verify that the code is 8*8*… I dont know about your center, but they did do that in my center.

same here

It would not be different sets in same hall. Because remember they call out asking for folks in an exam hall to verify that the code is 8*8*… I dont know about your center, but they did do that in my center.

[/quote]

just from the code distinguish the papers? i m starting to have my doubts…

why cant it be same questions just different printing of 7*7* and 8*8*?

why exclude this possibility? the 7s and the 8s are just for their own admin purposes? maybe 7s will go to grp 1 of the markers first and 8s to the 2nd grp? which later they do a swap?

only until the exam paper is released then we will know for sure

Definitely a possibility.

The exam takers of previous years have confirmed the belief (two different papers) because they couldnt find some questions of AM session in the one released by CFAI. Hence I ruled out that possibility believing them… Cheers.

well, i would like to see the questions too. want to know the answers to it lol

one guy here even suggested the CFAI server dishing out different sets of AM papers depending on ur location…its a possibility as well but does CFAI really have to do so much just to have 2 sets of questions?

not ruling out there is 2 sets or maybe even more questions but i would like to see the released AM papers. maybe by there the 7s and the 8s can post their version of the AM paper and the differences to see if really the exams differ by location

I dont remember hearing this in my test center. Only remembered that they asked to check that the code on the answer sheet and the question booklet are the same.

Not a conclusive proof, but a pointer to two different papers (and why I started the thread) is different impressions by candidates regarding the difficulty of the AM paper. 7x7x people thought it was brutal while 8x8x did not. Reverse for PM. Pretty consistently split along the 7x7x vs 8x8x lines.