Echo: Marathon Study Weekend - May 1,2,3

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” -Sun Tzu By this point, we have all conquered one of these exams. We know ourselves and what we need to do to succeed. It is time to wage war on the CFA L2 exam, draw on our strengths, think about tactics for the last couple of weeks coming up, and staying strong. Patience, practice, persistence. Lets do this baby!

Thanks…philp …every friday when a thought of hard partying crosses my mind, this thread and people here keep me at home studying… And that PO’s statement “Patience, practice, persistence. Lets do this baby!” I have framed it on the wall besides study table… I will be reviewing SS-7 to SS-12 and taking some random Qbank tests on those 6 study sessions.

Big weekend in the life of a level II candidate, no doubt… I’ll be taking my first practice test tomorrow. Time to see if I’m ready for the big show or time to drop back to the minor leagues. Secretly I’m hoping to be in the 60-68% range. Much above or below that could be bad for motivation from here on out.

Bring on FSA…

FSA and Equity Get some! http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/151/PTW-125~Justification-for-Higher-Education-Posters.jpg I used to have this poster, it was my inspiration during college. I revisited it and now use it for motivation regarding Level 2.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FSA and Equity > > Get some! > > http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/151/PT > W-125~Justification-for-Higher-Education-Posters.j > pg > > I used to have this poster, it was my inspiration > during college. I revisited it and now use it for > motivation regarding Level 2. Education and that picture doesn’t have any correlation. May be luck has.

not sure what i should do this weekend. thinking about a broad review of everything - keying on things I don’t know of course. I don’t know, kind of spinning my wheels lately.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Education and that picture doesn’t have any > correlation. > > May be luck has. Reading Fooled by Randomness really opened my eyes to the luck factor in life and how people rationalize their luck as skill during interviews, seminars, and the like. Reading “Millionaire Next Door,” a common trait of millionaires is self proprietorship. Likewise, a common trait of self proprietors is bankruptcy. The author of Millionaire Next Door conveniently left out the strong survivorship bias of successful self proprietors becoming millionaires. In any case, I feel more luck is to be found the more you subject yourself to self improvement with education, research, and innovation. Luck won’t be found watching Oprah collecting unemployment checks.

CFA SOLDIERS, PREPARE FOR ATTACK!!!

It is officially May, time to buckle down guys and gals, lets do this! I think I am going to take my first practice exam Sunday, but not having reviewed or looked at Equity or FSA for last 5 weeks or so makes me think I might get like 40%, but whatever, time to take stock. Game 7 of the Bulls/Celtics Saturday night probably will not help matters.

My friend’s bday today so imma take today off. This weekend imma finish the Treynor Black Model and start reviewing Alt. Best of luck everybody.

I’m getting crushed by FSA! I’ll crank on Equity first thing tomorrow to avoid getting bogged down.

Just getting to the library - about to open a six pack of whoopa$$ on everyone’s favorite set of books to take a gander at in the summertime…

i’m in, bit*hes…

Checking in. Just got to the office on a beautiful Saturday morning… Plan on spending the morning reviewing FSA, then read Secret Sauce in the afternoon in prep for my first practice exam tomorrow. Get after it!

Cranking on Qbank! Who else is going hard.

good for you! i did the book 6 1PM practice test this AM. off to walk the dog, will review the test, and then i’m going to crank on CFAI q’s on SS7 and then move into equity. my exam reinforced the fact that i need to spend a little time on private equity and PM still.

That was the exact expressions when I was succumbed to SS12 and choked finally. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OkcucXIuVI&feature=related