Economics = Ready to throw in the towel

does anyone else feel like there aren’t getting anywhere with econ? I have read it over and over again and have done so many questions but still can’t seem to get it right anyone have any suggestions? This is just about the only section giving me problems

that was the hardest section for me

It’s just too long for what it’s worth on the exam.

ironically, my marginal benefit from one hour of studying econ is far below that of other sections

I sat for level one in June of last year and though econ was the hardest section. I think I remember everybody talking about it after the exam.

I am in the same situation. I think that the wording of the material can be VERY tricky. I started to read the questions much more carefully and it seems to help. Economics is supposed to be “common sense” as long as you understand the terminology and what they are asking for in the question. Still very tricky though…

vbcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ironically, my marginal benefit from one hour of > studying econ is far below that of other sections nice

I think micro-economics is harder than macro-economics. readings 26 & Particlularly 27 and 28. Most of the other stuffs are pretty easy. Just try to understand those graphs.

I have read economics multiple times, and still get the questions wrong.

i have even finished I have just started the employement chapter. But I agree with you guys, Its tiresome to read. but its a bit clearer if you read CFAI text book

Come on guys… “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” -nba

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Come on guys… > > “…Impossible is nothing.” > -nba Wasn’t that a phrase Adidas used on their commercials during the 2006 World Cup?

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Come on guys… > > > > “…Impossible is nothing.” > > -nba > > > Wasn’t that a phrase Adidas used on their > commercials during the 2006 World Cup? Yep…I mean it is the phrase in itself which is very nice!

I thought i had it down, I loved econ in college, but margin this and margin this, too much at one time! Marginal revenue product, marginal product of labor, dimishing marginal revenue product…

Economics has too many LOS for the weight it has on the exam. I’d suggest not digging Economics too much but rather reading Secret Sauce summaries (assuming you’ve read the materials once)

I love the sauce. Actually, I just love sauce. Secret Sauce, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, getting sauced…ah where is June 7th, 5pm when you need it?

Is the Secret Sauce the same as the Quicksheet? That has been some FABULOUS train reading back and forth to work.

no the secret sauce is more like a condenced review of all the LOS. The quicksheet gives u only formulas no almost no concept

Ah, got it. Someone gave me the quicksheet, not the secret sauce. Still like the quicksheet, especially for FSA.