Education speech

Discuss.

I thought that it was optional for the schools. Obama just wants to tell people to study and be motivated about education. I’m tired of all this political partisan bull shit.

Somehow I think if this was the 1950s, a Presidential speech being broadcast to all school children would be welcomed. Nowadays everyone has some beef with something.

There are a lot of things that were acceptable in the 50’s that aren’t acceptable today. What’s your point?

It’s the way of the world. Some (not all) dems would be up in arms if a republican president tried the same thing. People don’t respect politicians. Can you blame them?

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s the way of the world. Some (not all) dems > would be up in arms if a republican president > tried the same thing. People don’t respect > politicians. Can you blame them? Bush did make a policy speech regarding no child left behind, and if I recall correctly so did Reagan. That being said, I think the US president should only be allowed to read My Pet Goat to schoolchildren and that’s it.