Edward Jones Rotational Program

Hey I’m posting this for a friend who is a senior in college. He was wondering if anyone had advice or comments on this 1 year program at edward jones. Though I’m sure its primarily oriented towards sales (which he does not want to do), it still seems like a decent program to do coming out of college even for the analyst-minded. http://careers.edwardjones.com/us/students/Full-TimeOpportunities/HeadquartersRotationalProgram/index.html

If you can’t land a ER or IB job right out of college the rotational programs are good ways to get your foot in the door…But you may have to do a rotaion or 2 in years that don’t interest you and you still have to perform well in those areas if you want to move in the department you really want.

Does anyone on this board work for Jones? I have a friend that works for them in an FA role, and he loves working there.

Bodymore Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone on this board work for Jones? I have > a friend that works for them in an FA role, and he > loves working there. If you have a large ($150MM+) established book of business with VERY loyal clients then I would probably work their than even ANYWHERE on the institutional side of the business. You get like 90% pay-out (Of course you have to pay all your expenses and stuff) and you are your own boss so if you want to spend all 50% of your time on the golf course and the other 40% slepping on your couch you can as long as you can pay your bills. However, the commision they charge for retail trading in insane (or it least it was a few years ago, like $2000 for a 5000 share trade). So you probably won’t have many guys who trade more than once or twice a year. So even with $150MM you need probably $100MM of that in B or C share mutual funds generating a trail to have a take home of close to a $1 million a year. But if you have that EJ will take care of you. Not only do they have a great pay-out they also used to have all these sales trips and travel rewards for reaching certain commission levels.