Elan Guides Mock Exams

Hey whatsup everyone,

I wanted to ask you guys if these ELAN GUIDES mocks you have taken are free or downloadable. Or has everyone who has taken these mocks paid for them or something.

If it is indeed downloadable, could someone please provide me some assistance in finding them?

Im hesitating to buy them cause there’s only a week left (lol) and I’m using Schweser at the moment anyway… But id love to attempt one of the ELAN mocks.

Do reply someone… Thanks

• grasshopper^

Afternoon Mock 2, 70% once again. That looks to be where I am heading…I can’t seem to increase my score beyond that.

You have to pay for them. I couldn’t find them anywhere to DL. If you have a spare $130 I would recommend it…I think they’re quite good. I’ve done 2 in 2 days, so you still have a bit of time to do the exam and review the answers.

Thats a good score on Mock 2 afternoon. Taken Mock 3 yet?

I’m with you pokhim, can’t break a 72 after completing 2 elan mocks.

Which Elan mock is the most difficult?

I am only going to have time to take one of these before the actual exam as well as the CFAI mock and I want to take the most challenging one.

^mock 3 will destory you

Mock 3 – Morning exam i got 68%…not too shabby. I think it was pretty tough, a lot of obscure questions which I don’t really see being repeated in the CFA exam. That said, it was good to get my mind focused.

Hi guys and gals,

I used the CFAI books to study and Elan’s 11th Hour Guide and my notes to review. I did all of the EOC questions twice - once when studying and for my first review.

I did Elan Mock 1 a few days back … AM 83/120, PM 88/120, overall 171/240 ~ 71%

I did Elan Mock 2 today AM 96/120, PM 100/120, overall 196/240 ~ 82%

Also did CFAI 2012 Mock (before the Elan Mocks) AM 100/120, PM 88/120, overall 188/240 ~78%

My observations:

1. The feel and wording of the Elan is closer to the CFAI than other materials I have seen; however CFAI Mock had simpler question but trickier reading comprehension - you really have to understand what is being asked. ELan is good at asking negation and double negation questions and wording the answers so that you really need to read them carefully, but that is good prep for the actual exam.

2. Elan, as pokhim mentioned, will ask some tough / obscure questions but it is a really nice way to get in touch with parts of the curriculum lying dormant in my brain.

From now until I take Mock 3 (on Thursday), I’m just reviewing with the 11th Hour Guide and reading Ethics and GIPS.

I think the main value of the exams for me has been as a stress test of my knowledge and a “worst case” scenario analysis. It also helped me figure out which sections to work on to boost my score (marginal returns …), and I was happy with my score today.

Elan says thatt asks particularly tough questions on Econ, FRA, and Fixed Income, which make up over 40% of the exam; the Ethics section also has some nice questions, so I really think Elan’s claim that getting 65% on their exams is decent makes sense.

I just did pm mock 1 elan

only got 62.5 pct huhuhu. Guess i’ll revise my weak area again (equity, derivative, ai, pm) tonight before doing mock 2 n 3

i have to say elan’s econ questions are ridiculously tough. In all cfai mocks i got so far, econ is my strongest with score always above 75 pct. In this mock: 58 pct

feel like banging my head

I’ve done three Elan mocks so far and my head explodes every time I try to do them. I get really mentally tired since they keep asking all the ‘least likely’ type questions.

My scores were…

Elan 1 Morning - 50.0%

Elan 1 Afternoon - 60.0%

Elan 2 Morning - 67.5%

At least my scores have improved and I’ve hit the ‘over 65%’ mark Elan says I should be happy with.

Can we download elan mocsk for free some source

tick tock tick tock surprise

Okie after reviewing using eleventh hour with open schweser notes, my elan mock score has vastly improved. Got 76 percent for mock 2 morning. That is much better than 58 mock 1 am and 62.5 mock 1 pm elan

i guess re-reading 11th hour plus screaming all those formulas and lots of practice help. I will prolly try schweser or redo cfai mock in the remaining two days, but will definitely reread eleventh hour.

Bad score in today mock was econ and fixed income, the only two i didnt reread. Fi got 57 while econ got 60. All the rest above 70 pct

Still, elan questions omigod so hard. Plenty of times i just stared into the question trying to rake my brain in which section of the books it was!

Okie after reviewing using eleventh hour with open schweser notes, my elan mock score has vastly improved. Got 76 percent for mock 2 morning. That is much better than 58 mock 1 am and 62.5 mock 1 pm elan

i guess re-reading 11th hour plus screaming all those formulas and lots of practice help. I will prolly try schweser or redo cfai mock in the remaining two days, but will definitely reread eleventh hour.

Bad score in today mock was econ and fixed income, the only two i didnt reread. Fi got 57 while econ got 60. All the rest above 70 pct

Still, elan questions omigod so hard. Plenty of times i just stared into the question trying to rake my brain in which section of the books it was!

Scored 75% in Mock 3! Such a relief!! I think I’m ready to give the exam a good go now!