elan mock result

I just took the free mock that Elan offers. I got 97 correct attempts with my percentile position being 92ND. I feel I scored more than I generally do. Is it because the free exam is relatively simple because I found a lot questions to be fairly straightforward. Can someone please let me know about my chances of passing.

Just focus your time on studying, rather than asking people to speculate about your chances of passing. Assume the pass rate is 35%, do you think you can do better than 65% of test takers for Level I? I hope you have the confidence to say, yes!

am really sorry for putting the question in an inappropriate manner. I am getting nervous and skeptical every day just because I and my colleague are the only 2 in my city to take the exam. CFA is not so popular here and I got to know about analyst forum recently. Thanks for the resposne.

I haven’t taken the free mock because I already did all their practice questions. I would ignore the percentile because and focus on the raw score. An 80% is a solid score IMO. How’d you do on the CFA mock and any others you might have taken?

I got 72.5… I dont know if it was easy or not… but thats what I got…

princealley Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I haven’t taken the free mock because I already > did all their practice questions. I would ignore > the percentile because and focus on the raw score. > An 80% is a solid score IMO. How’d you do on the > CFA mock and any others you might have taken? Do the questions from the free mock come directly from the practice questions (or other mock exams)? I was going to take this but have already done all other other Elan stuff.

Yeah I solved mocks from Schweser vol 1. My scores range from 76% to 84%. I solved vol 2 test 1 yesterday. After solving few questions, I felt like not continuing with the test as it was way harder. But then my scores: am-93 and pm-98.

I took the first Elan Mocks and found it useful in terms of tricky questions…I had no clue on Econ questions at all…finding difficult to interpret the graphs related to markets, any tips on shoring up on this? any videos on youtube which will be helpful? Also, I scored heavily in Corp Fin / Equity Investments / Deriv / AI, fairly in FI / FRA / Ethics, poorly in Quants / Econ / PM…I am sulking :-))

You’re not alone, I found the Elan mocks to be surprisingly easy compared to the practice and EoC questions too. I think the reason is simply that the problems on the test are much more straightforward given that your time is limited whereas on practice questions they can throw a lot more calculations at you. I scored over 80% on the first two Elan Mocks as well as the CFAI mock and just got 79% on the third one today (not sure how I feel about that). Ethics has consistently been one of my weak points and I’m not really sure there’s any way to study for it.

@ BryGuy: The free Elan mock is a compilation of their practice questions, but is different from the mock exams that they offer for sale. @notic4lyf: I think you’re about the only one who think the Elan mocks are easy. Some folks on the other thread are finding them really difficult. You’re scoring well on them too. Good stuff.

how does the free mock compare with the real test?

You can expect to see questions similar to the CFAI EOC questions… Elan is also pretty good… it’s not worth taking the Schweser Vol2 exams… if you have time just browse through the questions and answers…

I took Elan Mockups - 1 & 2…my scores range between 60 till 65%. Economics / Deriv remains the weakest areas…any suggestions on shoring up on these two. I am planning to read Econ SS from Schweser and do the Practice Questions from Elan on Econ and Deriv.

86 and 79 on Elan Mock 3 I don’t even know if this mock resembles the real exam; anyways My brain hurts from trying to recall so much information for every question asked. Also I couldn’t care less about Phillips curve or whatever that is called. A lot of reviews still needed…Does anyone know how to get 2009 CFAI mock?