ELAN Study Notes are SO DANG GOOD!

Hi, did you get the soft copy and you print or the hard copy ?

Thanks

Received the first 2 books, they were shipped from Pakistan. Print quality looks good. Will start studying this week end.

Couldn’t help but start reading. In Ethics, who is “Esther”? She seems to have popped up from nowhere.

what do you recommend to best take advantage of Elan? Is it compulsory to read the CFAI blue boxes?

Can anyone tell me how long it took to receive your Elan books? I just placed my order for the hardcopy yesterday.

Is there a L2 2014 formula sheet like Elan had for 2013?

Leal, Did you receive the books from Élan. I Ordered few days back and I am still awaiting their response on whether the material has even been despatched. Elan has not bothered to reply to any of my emails so far. Pretty bad service I must say

Hey ,

I want to get the elan practice tests. Did any of you receive it ? Pls let me know how to order them

Did Book 5 come for anyone yet?

I contacted them a month ago and they said the mock exams would be released in March. I’m guessing it will probably be toward the end of the month given their track record, but we’re still early in the process for mock exams.

Elanguides has a Free trial offer on their website which allows you access to some materials for a 7-day period, this includes QT and Equity readings and also the formula sheets for almost all subjects. They can be downloaded in PDF format and seem quite comprehensive.

Are the practice questions any good? They were awesome for level 1, but I don’t want to shell out for them if they’re mediocre ie learning how to answer the elan practice questions and then struggling to answer CFA EOC because Elan aren’t hard enough.

I find them to be very representative and on the same level as the CFAI EOC practice questions.

I noticed that Elan’s Inventories practice questions don’t test for perpetual vs periodic reporting and questions 20 and 21 are missing/mislabeled. Practice questions in general don’t have the mini case format that the EOCs have. So far I think they still offer solid additional practice questions. From level 1 I found that the Schweser one’s were too straightforward.

Peter Olinto is absolutely amazing.

The other guy on the other hand, although he knows his material, is tough to watch. Make sure you take some C4, or its equivalent, to stay awake through the tough sections

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/c4-extreme.html

In all seriousness though, I also agree with eveningstar and clearlycanadian above. It is a solid supplement.

Received book 5 this morning!