Elan Videos - Really Worth It

These are the $200 difference between the ultimate and essential packages… did anyone find them helpful? They seem to be very slow to me get the impression tey are better for peopel starting the CFA with a v basic/non existant understanding of the curriculum?

I got the ultimate package, but have hardly used the videos at all. I find them slow and could probably thoroughly read through the study notes twice in the amount of time it takes to complete a lecture in most cases. I do have a financebackground educational background though and I feel like they are more useful for those without a basic understanding of the curriculum. Many people do seem to like them though so it depends on learning style.

In my experience…definitely worth it!

i think i will skip them. No finance educational background but have worked in IB/hedge funds for a few years so reasonable starting point. Videos do seem slo and with the exam in Dec i cant afford to spend time slowly plodding though stuff

i used the schweser videos…very helpful in reviewing and also you get information from a different source other than just reading which can be helpful in retaining the information

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i used the schweser videos…very helpful in reviewing and also you get information from a different source other than just reading which can be helpful in retaining the information. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- absolutely true!!!

I found them very useful when i was studying. I had used Schwesers videos before and Elans are definitely better. But I feel that if you have a solid accounting background then you should be fine with the essential package.

Bryguy, Are these in CD format or are these streaming videos? I have just bought the Schweser package and guess that most ppl are going with Elan. I have forgotten most of my finance from school since it’s been a few years and guess these videos might be good for me but do not want to pay the price that ELAN is asking. I wanted to know if you are willing to part with these cd’s. Am willing to pay. Let me know Thanks