Elan's 2000 Practice Questions

Hello everybody, I am a CFA L1 candidate enrolled for Dec 2010. Currently, I am evaluating the prep providers for purchasing the Question Banks. I understand that Elan has introduced 2000 Practice Questions this year. Anybody who has already purchased and used it, could they provide their feedback on what they think about the practice questions. Regards, Abdemanaf

I like the questions so far (only through Quant and Econ). They do a great job of testing the concepts and the answer key often explains why each choice is right or wrong.

Thanks BryGuy…I am going for PQ from Elan!! Wish you all the best for the exams!

I recd the 2000 questions as well and am working through it. Looks good thus far.

sawastea Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I recd the 2000 questions as well and am working > through it. Looks good thus far. have they sent you in hard copy?

they only send you the pdf, but you can print them out in as many copies as you want

I haven’t bought the 2000 questions yet. One thing I wanted to know is do the Elan quesions look similar to the CFAI questions? When comparing Schweser to CFAI, schweser has more calculations while CFAI has more “which is least likely” “more likely” conceptual problems.

guys … can u guys please upload the elan material ? or can u send it to me on … parthesh_shah1@rediffmail.com

parthesh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guys … > can u guys please upload the elan material ? > > or can u send it to me on … > parthesh_shah1@rediffmail.com you gotta be kidding! :smiley:

Elan knows about requests such as above, so they got smart and water marked each page of the PDFs with the candidate’s name. Upload or email at your own risk, because they can trace back the orphaned copies floating on the internet to its owner.

Plus easy to trace if CFAI decided to pursue for breach of ethics…

Browse through the other threads around this forum. It’s quite stupid of you to use pirated copies and even stupider to come looking for them. No one in their right mind would share elan’s pdfs. They can trace the copy to each customer.

Pratesh - It seems you have been posting the same message for uploading elan guides in multiple threads, as suggested by members please refrain from doing so since it is legally not advisable and tantamounts to copyright issue. Hope you would understand.

Elan question are good but you should be careful becasue they are full of errors and mistakes. Otherwise they are quite good.

Just ask them to email you an updated file. That way you don’t have to refer to the errata.

oK…I can already see lot of errors and differences. I will ask them to email me the latest file. Thanks

Just an up to the thread

I confirm that questions are good, but many mistakes

plus,i don t find the errata sheet on their site