Email from CFA Institute

Anyone else get a random one addressed to the wrong person?

Yep

Me too.

yupper - Mr. Blann (not me)

Mine was Mr. Kawauchi, What a cuss, I never personally received one…

mine says WillyR and FrankArabia…for realsies.

Mine includes the following statement in it: “By joining CFA Institute, you will further demonstrate your commitment to lifelong learning by affiliating with an organization whose mission is to lead the investment profession globally by setting the highest standards of education, integrity, and professional excellence.” Was commitment to due diligence left out on purpose?

Yes Dear Mr. Babcock,

Anybody here called Ms. Liu (Chinese) ? Do you think they’ve made the names up? (Blann, Kawauchi, Babcock, Liu, …) Sounds almost like the names they’ve used in their ethics problems.

Dear Mrs. Ivanis-Lincoln

Dear Mrs. Robinson

Dear Miss Schkolne

wawa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody here called Ms. Liu (Chinese) ? Do you > think they’ve made the names up? (Blann, Kawauchi, > Babcock, Liu, …) Sounds almost like the names > they’ve used in their ethics problems. maybe they have a random generator for their questions using all their candidates names as the database

Dear Candidate, Earlier today you received an e-mail on behalf of CFA Institute. Your name may have been listed in the greeting incorrectly; however, this email was intended for you. We apologize for the confusion this may have caused. You may access the Online Member Application using the links provided in your invitation. We hope that you will consider the many benefits of membership, and we look forward to assisting you with your application. Kind regards, Client Services

:slight_smile:

Mr. Dornheim I responded back and they sent me the email above.

And that’s the end of this chapter. What a crazy morning!

my new name is copey lol

Dear Prof. Sheehan, It is my distinct pleasure to invite you to apply for membership in CFA Institute. Wow, i became a professor.