Emails on membership

After I got the email, I asked my previous and current boss for reference (which it will be really embrassing if I don’t pass), but I thought it would save me some time (if I pass) to get the certificate.

Since then, the application status is still under “review” (for work experience and reference). How long does it take for CFA institute to get back to you?

^ Did it start the count down? The count down start for me within 3 days and after the count down, the application was approved within 10-15 days (they have to make decision within 30). The thing is after approval, unless you activate you membership, you won’t be charged and be a member yet. I decided to wait since $450 (including local membership) is not cheap at this moment since I am unemployed (thus my username).

a little tip…once you apply, email cfai and local society (if you applied there also) a few days later and ask them to review your application.

Thank you igor555. I got the email requesting to activate… which I did.

Two membership to activate, one for CFA institute and one for CFA UK member society, which in total $450. I am not sure whether CFA UK society is necessary, so I paid for CFa Institute member.

I finally fell for it and decided to apply for membership. After I provided my references, my boss (a non-CFA) was so excited I am becoming a Charterholder. He actually responded to CFAI immediately and asked me if I can now use the letters ‘CFA’ after my name. I had to give him the lengthy explanation as to why I cannot use the letters…

This is what I was avoiding… feeling like a damn a** in case I fail… maan ohh maan, we are too close, yet too far!!!

^^ wait, you can skip the local one?

But anyway, I think I’d wait since my references were from my previous bosses, cause I was in the graduate school for the last few years so even if I failed I wouldn’t feel like an ass. I wonder if the activation would be void after a specific period of time

My decision days left is down to 8… under society review… should I be worried? If it goes to zero what do I do?

^Means they already know you didn’t pass.

#SorryDude

You only to have passed level one to become a CFAI membet.

#YouAreAnIdiot

You only need to have passed level one to become a CFAI membet.

#YouAreAnIdiot

You only need to have passed level one to become a CFAI member…

#YouAreAnIdiot

Say that again, I didn’t get that.

Lol I only submitted to post it once! :slight_smile:

i failed last year and i got the email

so it doesn’t mean anything