Encouragement

Hello All,

Haven’t posted in over a year but wanted to share some thoughts on prepartion for the upcoming exam. By now all of your reading and EOC questions should be completed. At this point last year, I was spending all of my time exclusively on mock/previous exams provided by Schweser and the CFA Institute. By the morning of the exam I pretty much had memorized all previous essay questions and found this helped me a lot. I remember being very anxious. At this point you won’t be able to pick up anymore tiny bits of information. Focus on the overall concepts and especially ones that can apply to more than one area. In the end, what you have mastered now is what you will take into the exam. If you’ve put the time in, you will succeed.

Take this for what it’s worth, it helped me to pass all three on the first shot, Dec, June, June.

Good post thanks!

congratulations mcalp923 and thanks for the advice

Mcalp923, thanks for your post and congrats for what you achieved.

Do you remember what kind of results you were getting at this stage when you were doing morning MOCK morning exams ? Am around 55-60 % and worried a bit.

Doji - don’t get holed up in scores. Just keep practicing. I’m a retaker and was averaging around 70’s in Schweser last year, while a buddy of mine couldn’t break 70. Similar on the prior year morning actual AM’s. He passed, I failed (barely). Just keep grinding away and don’t get frustrated. One thing I learned last year being on this board and then seeing who passed vs. who didn’t was that unless you were nailing 80’s consecutively in the practice exams, it’s all a crapshoot. Keep doing old exams, do blue box questions, over and over and over…

My $.02

Didn’t worry about scores and actually never graded out the practice exams. You endipt focusing too much on the exact answer. I would say I probably only got about half the answers correct. I guarantee you will not remember a formula/definition etc on exam day. At this point I would strictly review the high level concepts and have them down 100%.

Didn’t worry about scores and actually never graded out the practice exams. You endipt focusing too much on the exact answer. I would say I probably only got about half the answers correct. I guarantee you will not remember a formula/definition etc on exam day. At this point I would strictly review the high level concepts and have them down 100%.

bizval4, mcalp923… Many thanks for your post, definitly boosting me.

Mcalp, I need your advice on something …

I did EOCs and blue box examples twice. I’ve been getting decent scores on CFAI afternoon mocks (80s). Also, I’ve been rereading my handwritten notes.

At this point, I don’t know what would be more helpful, do more mocks or do blue box examples/EOC for the third time. Any suggestion?

Thanks

You mean all the heat & anxiety in exam room? Anyway, thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

I didnt do any blue box questions at all! i it worth it to focus on the now?

Thanks for the kind words. We love CFA , no matter how hard the exams are. It helped me a ton personally .

Good luck to you all.