End of chapter questions

For those that have passed level I, how useful are the end of chapter practice questions? In other words, do they serve as a good proxy for the actual types of questions you see on the exam? Im averaging about 90% on these questions. Will just practicing these questions suffice or do i need to purchase additional questions? Thanks guys

I haven’t written yet, but from hanging out here for hte last few months I can say they’re the best proxy for actual questions you’ll get.

As for the second question, practice them yes, but eventually you’ll memorize the answers so you’ll want more to do.

EOC are the closets it gets to the real test. Don’t forget those blue boxes as well.

I never purchased additional questions for Level 1. Did all end of chapter questions and blue boxes, reviewed, and did the sample/mock exams a few weeks before the exam. Make sure you know your formulas too.

Doing them after finishing a reading is one thing, the best thing is to do them a second and maybe a third time a while after finishing the readings. And of course I hope you mean the EOC from the cfai books not schweser, because the EOC from the Schweser books are 10x harder than Schwesers

Could you clarify your last sentence? Which questions are 10x harder (CFAI or Schweser)?

CFA questions, the schweser ones are way too easy…And the key is to do them some time after you read the material for a 2nd and 3rd time

What are the blue boxes? Do you mean the examples or exihibits? I am reading for elan so I am not attempting to go through exhibits but am solving all the examples.

Ye Blue Boxes are the examples in the text, the best ones are the ones from the CFAI books

@federer 90% is pretty good. I have just completed doing EOC’s & examples of FRA and my scores are around 80%.

I am yet to read ethics and revise the entire subjects once again. I intend to practice from Elan, Qbank (80% done) and EOC’s.

I have reserved last month only for practice, doing mocks and memorising formulaes.

@federer 90% is pretty good. I have just completed doing EOC’s & examples of FRA and my scores are around 80%.

I am yet to read ethics and revise the entire subjects once again. I intend to practice from Elan, Qbank (80% done) and EOC’s.

I have reserved last month only for practice, doing mocks and memorising formulaes.

Passed level I last December. I found the end of chapter questions useful for my studies at the time, though looking back I would have probably opted to just do maybe 4 or 5, get through the chapter and start doing that section in a mock exam. I think it’s important to get used to the exam question style right away.

I passed the 2012 one and didn’t do many EOC questions, although I read most of them. Basically, if you get questions where you fill out tables or something similar, might pay to skip them if you understand the concepts. I found the EOC questions for fixed income, derivatives, alt investments and ethics useful but that was about it. From memory, Econ EOCs were fairly brief and all in the exam format so think I may have done most of them too. The key thing is to do lots of revision and practice exams - doing all the EOCs is probably something to do if you’ve got lots of time and want to absolutely nail the exam.