End of reading problems?

I have never used the CFAI curriculum and wanted to eventualy do the end of reading problems (because everybody says it’s important at level 3), however I see that there are only end of reading problems for readings 2, 3, 6, 13, 14, 21, 23, 26, 28-33, 37-49. That is plenty enough to keep me busy for a while, but I was wondering if there are problems for the other readings, maybe in the curriculum somewhere? Or do the other end of reading problems cover more than one reading?

you will have your hands full getting thru the problems that they assign. I spent all day Saturday doing the Alternatives reading and then a couple hours going thru the problems they are a time black hole!! the problems cover only that reading, of course they could be asking you to remember L1 and L2 material as part of the solution

You can always downloand past exams (morning) from CFAI.

I know a lot of people on AF swear by the end of chapter problems in the CFAI books. I passed using almost exclusively Schweser and did not do the end of chapter problems in the CFAI books. I had planned to do them as part of my review in May but I tried one set and found them to be way too time consuming. I’m not saying my approach would work for everyone, but the price in terms of time for those problems is so high. I would make sure you leave time to do as many practice exams as possible, especially old CFA exams available on the website. The real trick on this exam is answering the essay questions in an easily reviewable format and actually finishing the essay part of the exam.

Aloha. I passed last year. I remember one of the instructors on Schweser saying many of the end of chapter questions are too open ended to be answered similar to an actual exam question. Rather, they are meant for discussion with peers. I WOULD however make it a point to get through all the end of chapter questions marked as “previous yearsʻ questions.” I recall an exam question last year exactly like one I saw in the text from a 2006 exam. I think those, all sample/mock CFA exams, and any previous exams you can get your hands on are key. I wouldnʻt bother with Qbank and some of the end of chapter Schweser questions. Best of luck.

exLEHhawaiiCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I WOULD however make it a point to get through all > the end of chapter questions marked as “previous > yearsʻ questions.” I recall an exam question That made sense for Level II, and I made a point of going back and doing most of those questions (marked as previous exam questions). However… I’m 80% of the way through the CFAI text for Level III and I’ve yet to encounter a SINGLE question marked as such!

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > exLEHhawaiiCFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > I WOULD however make it a point to get through > all > > the end of chapter questions marked as > “previous > > yearsʻ questions.” I recall an exam > question > > > That made sense for Level II, and I made a point > of going back and doing most of those questions > (marked as previous exam questions). However… > I’m 80% of the way through the CFAI text for Level > III and I’ve yet to encounter a SINGLE question > marked as such! They are there, CFAI take the notation about what year they give them. If you have last year books because you did not pass ( like me ) you will realize that they are there. Just pactice them dude.