end of the road

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- All I want is an > upper middle class lifestyle with some stability. > Wall St can’t really give me that consistently. > Too many ups and downs. Then you should consider accounting and get your CPA. Guaranteed upper middle class lifestyle without the ups and downs.

If that’s what you are looking for - Then welcome to the world of IT Consulting.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > All I want is an > > upper middle class lifestyle with some > stability. > > Wall St can’t really give me that consistently. > > > Too many ups and downs. > > Then you should consider accounting and get your > CPA. Guaranteed upper middle class lifestyle > without the ups and downs. Too bad CPAs are even more boring than analysts!

Danteshek, You can get an upper middle class lifestyle w/o the ups & downs in finance as well. There are plenty of roles one step away from the markets which are much more stable and pay decent money. Have you thought about asset consulting, rating agencies, retail platforms etc. Although, when you are working one step away from the guys making the big $$$s, it hurts your inflamed sphincter once in while when they roll in their maserati next to your 82 civic in the parking lot. Thats why I ride in…

what income ranges would you generalize as low, middle, high etc?

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If that’s what you are looking for - Then welcome > to the world of IT Consulting. Consulting doesnt bring security though, right?

dante, hopefull what happened to you is not common. you got screwed man and im very sorry it happened to you, but i am thankful you were courageous enough to post your story. the cfa takes on average 4 years and there are manythings that can happen to you in four years. best of lucj with law school. if i were smart enough and had a high enough gpa to get into law school i would. i just dont have the attention span for all dem codes. if you can do it, i am sure you wil be financially secure. if its not too much, please log in every now and then to let us how your studies are goin

Dante, I think you should still try for L3. You never know when passing those exams could come in handy. You’re close to the finish there.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dinesh.sundrani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If that’s what you are looking for - Then > welcome > > to the world of IT Consulting. > > > Consulting doesnt bring security though, right? Very true! One day you’ll be having a persoanl accountant to count your money, the other day you might yourself be working as an accountant at a local MacD for being done with the consulting assignment at your prior-firm. High-Risk High-Returns always…

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dante, I think you should still try for L3. You > never know when passing those exams could come in > handy. You’re close to the finish there. I agree, you should totally finish this off and continue w/ the law school idea. You already have experience and regulatory work is a permitted credit to get the charter. Being JD / CFA will differentiate your immensely- imagine issues that have dome up recently like exotic securities and derivatives. I’d thin the supply/demand of ppl with both the technical financial knowledge and the JD would be on your side. Thats my 2 cents, I’ve considered this myself. I also agree with the post comparing CFA and GMAT math. CFA math is easy, you learn it and you are done as far as the exam goes. But IMHO GMAT tests logic and problem solving math that demands the same skill set tested on the LSAT, so don’t get to excited until you go through some review.

Danteshek, with your knowlege of the market (go ahead get the CFA charter) and if you want to combine it with security laws, you will become a very valuable asset to a law firm. One of my buddy who sat next to me when we both stared out of school quit after 3 years (seen all the dirt in the business) and went to law school specalizing in security laws, now the is a partner in a major NC law firm, making good income, of course, heavy workload(especailly now). Good luck man!! Still hope to hear from you.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dante, I think you should still try for L3. You > never know when passing those exams could come in > handy. You’re close to the finish there. I might give it a go after the Feb LSAT. If I don’t pass I still have the rest of my life to pass this exam. I don’t see the rush.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dante, I think you should still try for L3. > You > > never know when passing those exams could come > in > > handy. You’re close to the finish there. > > I agree, you should totally finish this off and > continue w/ the law school idea. You already have > experience and regulatory work is a permitted > credit to get the charter. Being JD / CFA will > differentiate your immensely- imagine issues that > have dome up recently like exotic securities and > derivatives. I’d thin the supply/demand of ppl > with both the technical financial knowledge and > the JD would be on your side. Thats my 2 cents, > I’ve considered this myself. > > I also agree with the post comparing CFA and GMAT > math. CFA math is easy, you learn it and you are > done as far as the exam goes. But IMHO GMAT tests > logic and problem solving math that demands the > same skill set tested on the LSAT, so don’t get to > excited until you go through some review. I agree that CFA could have some value for me down the road, especially if I go into securities law or work for the SEC, FINRA or the like (Catholic in DC seems to have a good program for this sort of thing - not too tough to get into either). If I don’t pass L3 this time around and wind up getting into and going to law school I’ll probably give L3 another shot 4 or 5 years from now, especially if I’m working for the gov’t. I can’t study for CFA and LSAT at the same time. I’ll give it a shot after I’m done with the LSAT but I don’t think I’ll be able to study enough to guarantee a pass. LSAT is a totally different animal from the GMAT. Very different skill set. You really have to have solid liberal arts skills to do well. No ESL kids score in the 90th % on this test… I’ve made solid progress so far in my review. I’m taking a Kaplan course. Also, my target schools are all in the second tier of law schools. My UGPA isn’t high enough to warrant aiming any higher (unless I really hit the LSAT out of the park).

see you over on www.top-law-schools.com/

there’s a few 2-year fast track law school programs in the US now.