Endgame (SPOILERS)

In case the title wasn’t obvious enough, this post contains Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS. Proceed at your own risk.

Inspired by CSK’s post on GoT, I will take a similar position and say I was greatly disappointed in Endgame. The pacing was horrible (could have done without most of the first 45 minutes), the story is disjointed with some head-scratching plot holes. I didn’t really like any of the characters anymore. So Banner is now just smart Hulk all the time? Stupid. Fat Thor…okay that was pretty funny.

I’ll watch it again and maybe come around, but first impression was it was all hype and no substance.

The comedy was lacking and the start was slow and depressing after Thanos gets his head cut off but it picked up. I thought the fight scenes were pretty awesome and some of the best. People were cheering like it was a live fight at MSG. A ton of references to past movies which was a nice touch. I wasn’t that sad when Tony died. The fact that he just sacrificed himself but saved everyone took away from the loss. Also disappointed Thanos couldn’t kill anyone. Overall I thought it was good.

“You look like melted ice cream” - Ratchet err i mean Rocket

overall a horrible movie and to top it off the thing lasted 3 hours or so, complete waste of time. Midway I was already hoping thanos would win and destroy the whole universe instead of just half

Made 1.2 billion. People expect a 650m profit

2.1b now vs avatar at 2.6?. anyways. the movie reminded of game of thrones. the dothraki was basically the wakanda forever army. its still surprisingly selling out even at the 2nd week. i basically had to sit in the second row from the front.

lastly captain marvel is definitely the strongest person in the unvierse?

STL, I’d have to agree that Endgame was not as strong as I was hoping. Not as interesting to watch as Infinity War, the pace was definitely slow in the beginning, and was a bit long. Thanos fight was cool, but yeah would’ve liked to have seen him be able to do more. That said, I didn’t like that Thanos could easily hold his own against Thor w/ Stormbreaker (maybe b/c he was fat?) and others, despite not having any infinity stones this time.

All in all, I give it a pass because it at least closed overall arching story in a somewhat sensible manner. (GoT writers/directors on the other hand gave a huge middle finger to the whole story built up over 7 long seasons…)

funny thing was endgame kept letting you know how lame this time machine story is and how its been done so many times. i actually liked what they did to thor and the reference to the big lebowski.