Endless amont of topics in Portfolio Management

They could just pick one from about a hundred topics in PM and create an item set out of it…this is insane!. No shortage of tricky parts, go from CAL, to CML, SML, CAPM, and onto APT, multfactor stuff, sources of risk, active portfolio management, TB, on and on and on.

yeah, I am skipping this section. I am sorry for myself. since only 5% of the exam is on this… I think its tought to do this. hoping to get the low hanging fruits so late in game.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah, I am skipping this section. I am sorry for > myself. since only 5% of the exam is on this… I > think its tought to do this. hoping to get the low > hanging fruits so late in game. It’s a 5-15 range, I would expect them to do 2-3 since this a prelude for the L3 curriculum.

Dreary- i hear ya. But then I look at my stack of books and think its all for 120q…pretty much the name of the game.

I’m expecting just one item set on PM, but it could be as many as 3.

historically the last 2 years PM was a KILLER. So even if you know your stuff it will be some obscure BS that you never seen before.

Top 5 likely topics in PM? Only specific concepts. Mine: (1) Testing assumptions of CAPM, MV, and APT (2) Asking to construct a factor portfolio or a trcking portfolio. (3) Using Macro Multifactor model equation to calculate company-specific risk/surprise. (4) Use APT to check for arbitrage opportunity. (5) TB, just to drive some candidates nuts (just follow the seps, like 10 of them, to find the answer).

What are the TB steps?

I think with a general understanding of SML/CML and all the variation we will be fine. At least good enough for a 67% score so it won’t kill you (won’t help either). Just read through it for the first time and it really is a lot of material. However, the questions in the practice exams are relatively straightforward. That’s what I based the 67% score on.

TB stands for Tuber Culosis. If you haven’t seen this beast yet, don’t even think about it.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TB stands for Tuber Culosis. > > If you haven’t seen this beast yet, don’t even > think about it. Treynor Black was thrown in the test two years ago as *that* item set that killed everyone. It’s easier for us now, since you don’t actually have to calculate anything. It’s worth a read, as a lot of it is pretty intuitive.

Very funny to hear you guys mention this Treynor Black mofo. I took level 2 two years ago and that killed me. I thought PM was my strength, so I started on that section to build some confidence. Can you say: bad idea jeans! Needless to say, it was downhill from there. I took last year off but now I’m back at it again. I gotta tell you that was a tough year. I think the passing rate was around 36%. When I saw that number on the pre-screen before the results I knew I was dead.