Energy Drinks

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, I’m simply interested if they are at parity > with coffee. I realize they have herb supplements > and excessive vitamin B as well. > > I don’t drink coffee and only recently began > consuming these regularly. It also worries me > that they are considered supplements and not > regulated by the FDA. every new study on coffee in the last 10 years concludes that it has positive effects for both preventing heart disease, cancer and many other ailments. a good grade coffee contains more antioxidants than pomegranates. the problem with dated research is that they attributed bad effects to the wrong intake. i.e. most smokers and heavy drinkers are coffee drinkers as well and the increased risk of heart attack, cancer and liver disease from the former two were attributed to coffee consumption. most coffee studies now use populations that do not partake in binge drinking and smoking and find that its something everyone should include in their life **assuming you do not have heart arrhythmia or similar heart conditions**. another thing to remember is that “triple-triples” are still bad as the there is a lot of fat in cream and sugar is never good for anybody. i’ve seen some studies conclude that the ideal intake of coffee a day is 2L!?! kinda gross, i’ll just stick to a cup of black a day. energy drinks on the other hand have severe repercussions. most heavy users experience extreme withdrawal symptoms. so studying for 2 weeks using energy drinks and not using energy drinks come exam day is a recipe for disaster. i don’t need to go on about the amount of sugar in each can and the bad aspects of that. conclusion, there is no positive to an energy drink. have you ever seen anyone successful that you look up to drinking an energy drink… likely not. the only people i see drinking energy drinks are douches who spend money on something this is slowly killing them. ten years from now, energy drinks will go the same route as smoking, completely and utterly looked down upon and life insurance companies will take blood samples and charge higher premiums to those who partake… haha, maybe not but i wouldn’t be surprised as they are just as bad as smoking. i wouldn’t give insurance to a smoker who drinks energy drinks, he’d probably have a heart attack after he signs, if he can make it that far. and to another statement above, it’d probably be much better to stick to a beer a day than a red bull a day as a beer a day can have great effects on health as well.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: >have you ever seen > anyone successful that you look up to drinking an > energy drink… likely not. the only people i see > drinking energy drinks are douches who spend money > on something this is slowly killing them. Peter Olinto (the Stalla CFA teacher) would drink 2 redbulls and a cup of coffee every class … that dude is the man

i stand by my statement.

girls really look up to guys that drink energy drinks…shows you a real man.

I found a redline - - at GNC like ditch said they also had tallboys of ExtenZe … haha

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > QuantJock_MBA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Well, I’m simply interested if they are at > parity > > with coffee. I realize they have herb > supplements > > and excessive vitamin B as well. > > > > I don’t drink coffee and only recently began > > consuming these regularly. It also worries me > > that they are considered supplements and not > > regulated by the FDA. > > every new study on coffee in the last 10 years > concludes that it has positive effects for both > preventing heart disease, cancer and many other > ailments. a good grade coffee contains more > antioxidants than pomegranates. the problem with > dated research is that they attributed bad effects > to the wrong intake. i.e. most smokers and heavy > drinkers are coffee drinkers as well and the > increased risk of heart attack, cancer and liver > disease from the former two were attributed to > coffee consumption. most coffee studies now use > populations that do not partake in binge drinking > and smoking and find that its something everyone > should include in their life **assuming you do not > have heart arrhythmia or similar heart > conditions**. another thing to remember is that > “triple-triples” are still bad as the there is a > lot of fat in cream and sugar is never good for > anybody. i’ve seen some studies conclude that the > ideal intake of coffee a day is 2L!?! kinda gross, > i’ll just stick to a cup of black a day. > > energy drinks on the other hand have severe > repercussions. most heavy users experience extreme > withdrawal symptoms. so studying for 2 weeks using > energy drinks and not using energy drinks come > exam day is a recipe for disaster. i don’t need to > go on about the amount of sugar in each can and > the bad aspects of that. conclusion, there is no > positive to an energy drink. have you ever seen > anyone successful that you look up to drinking an > energy drink… likely not. the only people i see > drinking energy drinks are douches who spend money > on something this is slowly killing them. ten > years from now, energy drinks will go the same > route as smoking, completely and utterly looked > down upon and life insurance companies will take > blood samples and charge higher premiums to those > who partake… haha, maybe not but i wouldn’t be > surprised as they are just as bad as smoking. i > wouldn’t give insurance to a smoker who drinks > energy drinks, he’d probably have a heart attack > after he signs, if he can make it that far. > > and to another statement above, it’d probably be > much better to stick to a beer a day than a red > bull a day as a beer a day can have great effects > on health as well. I agree completely with this, and I’ve read similar studies as well. Although the statement about beer- most studies prove that any type of alcohol (specifically beer and wine) have positive health benefits. They are only meant to be drank in small doses though- not a case a day. I’m sure there are studies proving the opposite as well, but if you look at what’s in beer, hops, grains, yeast, etc., I can’t see it being that bad.

bullshit. Look at the ingredients and tell me what makes energy drinks 100x worse than soda. A red bull + healthy diet and exercise isn’t going to kill anyone.

if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, why do you need an energy drink?

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, why > do you need an energy drink? 4hrs of sleep per night during the week. Try it and tell me if you can get by one a healthy diet and exercise alone.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, why > do you need an energy drink? Did the Beatles become the Beatles from a healthy diet and exercise? No, they became the Beatles because they took drugs to play 8-hour sets. There is no such thing as healthy diet and exercise, there is only caffeine pills and Red Bulls :wink:

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, why > do you need an energy drink? I agree with your assessment and im done with the energy drinks from here on out, they were making me feel worse, not allowing me to concentrate for long periods of time, and making me feel slightly depressed. Im just going to exercise every day, sleep at least 7 hours a night, drink green tea and one cup of coffee a day until exam day and that should keep my energy levels up.

oops

emh denied is the only right one on this thread

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, why > do you need an energy drink? Because I’m up until 1 pm every night studying for the L3 CFA exam, and average about 4-5 hrs of sleep per night. I “wake up” by running 3 miles every morning before work. The purpose of the energy drink is to provide caffeine to maintain alertness at work. After June 6th, the caffeine will no longer be necessary.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > if you’re on a healthy diet and you exercise, > why > > do you need an energy drink? > > > Because I’m up until 1 pm every night studying for > the L3 CFA exam, and average about 4-5 hrs of > sleep per night. I “wake up” by running 3 miles > every morning before work. The purpose of the > energy drink is to provide caffeine to maintain > alertness at work. After June 6th, the caffeine > will no longer be necessary. Thats exactly where I stand as well. My exercise is very heavy at times and I don’t even have the ‘crash’ that others talk about when I stop drinking the massive amounts of caffeine that I drink.

i get it from that angle, but i don’t get why you don’t just drink coffee with no sugar. all the caffeine and no negatives like sugar making you feel like a excrement dumpster.

you dont need no drink. just tea and coffee would so but the following would help: a jog during lunch hour. a quick sexual rendezvous with BF/GF during the day a power nap eating cold oranges.