Energy Drinks

I think the L2 board is causing the latest Red Bull/Redline/Monster sales spike. I have jumped into the craze of crushing an energy drink while I study. However, I am concerned about the health effects. Has anyone read a reputable study, article, or report on adverse health effects of energy drinks? My hunch is that they are not good for you even if it is sugar free. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, they’re chick repellants.

This is from Redline’s website: WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression or other psychiatric condition, glaucoma, difficulty in urinating, prostate enlarge- ment, or seizure disorder, or if you are using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (ingre- dients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough or cold, and weight control products). Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause adverse health effects. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, shortness of breath, or other similar symptoms. Individuals who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine or have a medical condition should consult a licensed health care professional before consuming this product. Do not use this product if you are more than 15 pounds over weight. The consumer assumes total liability if this product is used in a manner inconsistent with label guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. I couldn’t find their ingredients, but its probably some combination of caffeine, guarana, taurine etc. There are more disclaimers than alot of meds. My wife is a clinical pharmacist also. She hates these products. My advice: moderation and if you start feeling your heart pounding and you get lightheaded, don’t drink more. Let it flush from your system. I can get more info from the mrs. if you are interested

Well, I’m simply interested if they are at parity with coffee. I realize they have herb supplements and excessive vitamin B as well. I don’t drink coffee and only recently began consuming these regularly. It also worries me that they are considered supplements and not regulated by the FDA.

Energy Drinks = soda + slightly more caffeine + clever marketing + $2 / can

NOS = Best Energy drink (2 x caffeine content of AMP, Rockstar, etc).

Get the old thermo hydroxadrine with ephedra…

nos IS BOMB… tastes delicious

fxguy1234 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nos IS BOMB… tastes delicious Mr. Pibb+Red Vines = crazy delicious

I just drink coffee… energy drinks taste awful to me for one, and two, I can’t see how they’re not horrible for you.

If you’re going to load up on energy drinks you might as well just take adderall.

zizoubleu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is from Redline’s website: > > WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE > OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. > Consult a physician or licensed qualified health > care professional before using this product if you > have, or have a family history of, heart disease, > thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, > depression or other psychiatric condition, > glaucoma, difficulty in urinating, prostate > enlarge- ment, or seizure disorder, or if you are > using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or any > other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or > over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, > pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (ingre- > dients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough or > cold, and weight control products). Do not exceed > recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving > may cause adverse health effects. Discontinue use > and call a physician or licensed qualified health > care professional immediately if you experience > rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, > shortness of breath, or other similar symptoms. > Individuals who are sensitive to the effects of > caffeine or have a medical condition should > consult a licensed health care professional before > consuming this product. Do not use this product if > you are more than 15 pounds over weight. The > consumer assumes total liability if this product > is used in a manner inconsistent with label > guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction. > > KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. > > > I couldn’t find their ingredients, but its > probably some combination of caffeine, guarana, > taurine etc. There are more disclaimers than alot > of meds. My wife is a clinical pharmacist also. > She hates these products. > > > > My advice: moderation and if you start feeling > your heart pounding and you get lightheaded, don’t > drink more. Let it flush from your system. I can > get more info from the mrs. if you are interested wow thats awesome - where can you pick up redlines in NYC? at 7/11?

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NOS = Best Energy drink (2 x caffeine content of > AMP, Rockstar, etc). I’m behind the power curve on these new energy drinks - I will have to look for this one as well

I like redline (my second one ever this morning). It is more like juice, it is not carbonated. It has a screw top as well which is nice. I find that sipping on this does well, I have read bad reviews online of people slammed the thing in minutes. But steadily sipping on it has kept my alertness high. It tastes like a 5 hour energy.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zizoubleu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is from Redline’s website: > > > > WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE > AGE > > OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. > > Consult a physician or licensed qualified > health > > care professional before using this product if > you > > have, or have a family history of, heart > disease, > > thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, > > depression or other psychiatric condition, > > glaucoma, difficulty in urinating, prostate > > enlarge- ment, or seizure disorder, or if you > are > > using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or > any > > other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or > > over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, > > pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (ingre- > > dients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough > or > > cold, and weight control products). Do not > exceed > > recommended serving. Exceeding recommended > serving > > may cause adverse health effects. Discontinue > use > > and call a physician or licensed qualified > health > > care professional immediately if you experience > > rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, > > shortness of breath, or other similar symptoms. > > Individuals who are sensitive to the effects of > > caffeine or have a medical condition should > > consult a licensed health care professional > before > > consuming this product. Do not use this product > if > > you are more than 15 pounds over weight. The > > consumer assumes total liability if this > product > > is used in a manner inconsistent with label > > guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction. > > > > KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. > > > > > > I couldn’t find their ingredients, but its > > probably some combination of caffeine, guarana, > > taurine etc. There are more disclaimers than > alot > > of meds. My wife is a clinical pharmacist also. > > > She hates these products. > > > > > > > > My advice: moderation and if you start feeling > > your heart pounding and you get lightheaded, > don’t > > drink more. Let it flush from your system. I > can > > get more info from the mrs. if you are > interested > > > wow thats awesome - where can you pick up redlines > in NYC? at 7/11? Look for Spike Energy. Their Tequilla lime flavor is pretty good. An 8oz can will have you feeling like your heart is going to beat out of your chest. I recommend drinking one over a four hour period and you’ll be fine… slam it and you’ll be a mess.

Energy drinks are nothing but soda with extra caffeine, taurine (which doesn’t do much anything), and B vitamins. They throw all sorts of crazy disclaimers on their cans on purpose so people are like “wow, this looks really bad for you… so it must work.” Look at the NOS container, they make it look like something you should hook up to your car. Also, it’s made by Holley (famous producer of muscle car carburetors) which is awesome.

Full throttle, red bull and monster…i’m dropping $60 every 2 weeks on these things. Its an addiction…a sick sick addiction…a sick tasty artificial adrenalin based addiction…

What’s more important, your health or passing the exam? Exactly. However, for this last month I have traded Beer for Red Bull. So it all evens out.

TGF1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s more important, your health or passing the > exam? > > Exactly. Thanks for the FYI gramps.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TGF1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What’s more important, your health or passing > the > > exam? > > > > Exactly. > > > Thanks for the FYI gramps. ? The answer was passing.