Energy Drinks

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After doing my own due diligence on Taurine, the > conclusion I found is that long term effects have > not yet been determined. But that’s not much of a conclusion at all. Why risk this?

What’s the obsession with sugar-free drinks? While they may not contain the calories, they contain aspartame, which has been shown to cause methanol/formaldehyde toxicity, as well as slowly destroy brain cells in multiple studies. I’d take the 4 calories per gram of sugar over the long and short term effects of aspartame any day.

And cause all kinds of emotional issues. Anybody with depression (or similar) or any other mood disorder should seriously avoid it. Imagine if Coke put formaldehyde and methanol in Coke to make it taste better instead of giving you a precursor so you can produce your own. So Sugar-Free Red Bull drinkers who are addicted - what’s it like being addicted to a mix of bile, formaldehyde, and methanol? Give you a nice pick-me-up does it?

I would suggest drinking arabic coffee. Had some this weekend and had a serious caffeine buzz all day. Strong stuff.

I prefer herbal teas. They have some pick-me-up and you get a good dose of anti-oxidants. Right now I’m drinking Peppermint Tea.

I suggest kopi luwak. Feed it to your colleagues. Watch them say “This is delicious - what is it?” Then explain. Really fun.

^^^ Joey, is it really worth the price. I have always wanted to try it. I don’t even know where you would get it, but I haven’t been actively looking either.

I would take 5 shots of VODKA that’ll keep my elastic position for a while

I tried with green tea yesterday and it really helped me…for about 1.5 - 2 hours. I suppose I need to increase the quantity.

There’s alot of new energy drink alternatives that are availabe. One in particular that i prefer is energy gum. It may not be as strong as red bull but you could always chew on 3 or 4 at a time plus it taste alot better.

I like energy drinks. It really helping me not to sleep right now. I buy Red Bull, Revo Energy. Sometimes i try something new. Tesco’s energy, BOMBA or smth else. And i must say that nothing happens with me. I didn’t become depressed or monstered.