enhanced indexing the level 3 study

due to lack of time and other factors, I’ve decided to give more weight (in terms of time spent) to some important parts of the exam and zero weight to some bits here and there. you can say i slightly tilted it away from the benchmark and took some active risk. i’ve missed these entirely reading 22 - allocating shareholder capital to pension plans study session 2 private equity in gips and i’ve spent less time on these readings 35 and 36 - swaps and commodities i would probably read up AMC now from study session 2. ideally i would want to read all these but there’s only one day left and i’d rather spend more time on what i already know. I’d like to know your thoughts on this. Obviously I am not going to be okay but I wonder if I am missing anything big and obvious

concerning enhanced indexing, does the total portfolio duration = total benchmark duration or each duration in the portfolio has to equal to each duration in the benchmark?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > concerning enhanced indexing, does the > > total portfolio duration = total benchmark > duration > > or > > each duration in the portfolio has to equal to > each duration in the benchmark? the second case is not possible i guess because you cannot include all bonds from the benchmark anyway. composition of the portfolio can be different as long as exposure to similar risk factors is maintained. anyone?

doesnt matter. if you know the rest of the stuff cold you will pass. personally, i am skipping swaps and SS 16. SS 16 is crap, and the swaps stuff makes my head hurt too much. not worth it – just focus on the other points.

asdffdsa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > doesnt matter. if you know the rest of the stuff > cold you will pass. personally, i am skipping > swaps and SS 16. SS 16 is crap, and the swaps > stuff makes my head hurt too much. not worth it – > just focus on the other points. thanks. i too found the swaps and commodities stuff boring SS16 isn’t important but i found the examples in SS16 of the cfai books very similar to SS3, which probably is more practice for SS3 if nothing else :slight_smile: i am only hoping that if I am low on time, I can probably skip those one or two questions that I am not confident about. that would solve two problems :slight_smile: