Enterprise Value

Does note payable include in the debt component in calculating Enterprise Value?

Is note payable equivalent to short term debt?

The debt component of EV is the Market Value of Debt and not the BV of Debt. Usually, from what I experienced with doing multiple problems, MVD is usually given.

If market value of note payable is given, do I need to add it?

I’ve the same question. I suppose note payable is not included in EV, but I’m not sure.

Can anyone confirm it?

EV=MVD+MVE+MVP+Minority interest-Cash-short term investment

Yes, but is Note Payable short term debt ?

yes, it is short term debt, even account payable is short term debt. But in order to come up with the EV, we need to use market value, not the book value

I’m agree with you that we must use the Market value for EV.

But for me, the Note payable is in Market Value. So, (the market Value of ) Note Payable is included in EV.

I had the same question subsequent to a topic test, I don’t remember exactly which was it. There is a thread in which we agreed that BECAUSE notes payable SOUNDS TO BE S/T debt, they don’t add it to the EV.

But I have not found clear answer in the curriculum or Schweser about it.

I mean Note Payable may be subtracted from EV. And it’s sure that Note Payable is not added to EV.

The question is: Note Payable is subtracted from EV or__it is not included in the calculation of EV?

Note payable is short term debt. Why it is subtracted from EV, not add on?

Sorry :)) and you are right. I dont know why I thought short term debt was subtracted from the EV.

The question is: Note Payable is add to EV or__it is not included in the calculation of EV?

No, it isn’t.

Debt bears interest. Accounts payable generally does not bear interest, so it isn’t debt.

Notes payable are debt.

They could be short-term or long-term.

Thanks s2000magician.

The conclusion is: Note payable is debt, so note payable is added to the EV.

In this case the topic test is erroneous. They did not include the notes payable into the EV calculation alongside with all other (interest bearing) debt.

if you do Topic test Metev on Equity, they do not add Note payable to EV calculation