Equity Analyst

At an investment shop. Is it a stressful job? What kind of questions they will mostly likely discuss with you in the interview? Is there a life-work balance?

work life balance is much better than most other jobs in finance with comparable pay. There’s not much stress if you are just at the analyst level since you don’t really have to worry about client asking questions. Hedge fund guys work more from what I heard from friends in the industry, but at mutual funds where I currently work it’s pretty chill leave around 6:00 PM everyday for the most part.

As far as questions, have some investment ideas that you can briefly talk about in terms of thesis and drivers/catalysts.

Interesting, so what is the difference between “equity analyst” and “equity research associate/analyst”?

Same thing, sell-side mostly use equity research associate (more junior) and equity research analyst (more senior) while I’ve seen both on the buy-side.

What is an “investment shop”? Hedge fund? Mutual fund? Wealth management? Any title with “analyst” in the description really could mean anything and depends on the company and desk function.

Is it an RIA?

^what is a RIA

It is a wealth Management firm…

Still need the job description. Do you perform stock analysis (probably not)? Do you choose sectors, advise clients on allocation, or do you just process reports? The title can mean so many things.

Wealth management firm probably has ok work life balance in any case…

RIA = wealth management firm. Sounds like a good gig overall.