Equity in 10 days?

Hey All, I have closed out Ethics, Corporate Finance, FRA and just started on Equity. Will trash out the rest in April. I plan to have Equity out of the way within 10 days? For those who’ve completed it is that a feasible target? Also wondering whether i should use Schweser or stick to CFAI. Look forward to your usual guidance.

That is definitely on the short end of it. If you are gonna try for it I would use Schweser as its much more condensed. It is doable though as the first bunch of equity stuff is just qualitative stuff versus learning the equations and how to value a security. The valuation part is a bit worse in my mind but overall is not all that bad…short answer: can be done, will be tough

Equity is pretty important, and I wouldn’t try to push through it really fast unless I already had a good background in equity valuation. Personally I will be spending as much time as it takes to get FSA and equity down cold, even if it is ultimately at the expense of other areas, because you will not pass if you fail either of these sections… combined they are probably 40% of the exam. Obviously a lot of this depends on your personal study plan/abilities but at least make sure that you schedule in enough practice questions etc. to get the equity piece down pat.

That is exactly how long it took me to do it. I read all the CFAI readings, did all the problems with each reading and didn’t find this as straining at all (compared to Corporate for instance). The equity readings are extremely easy, so 10 days is very doable, IMO.

10 days, how many hours per day?

For me, 10 days would not be enough time to really understand all of the readings in equity. Also, if you’re working full-time, then I REALLY think 10 days isn’t enough time. It all depends on your background & experience though, like Aimee said.

I don’t see how this is possible IF you’re working. Maybe it’s enough time to just read it, but definitely not to do all the problems as well.

well now you’ve got me inspired. I’m starting pass two on equity tomorrow.

adavydov7 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is exactly how long it took me to do it. I > read all the CFAI readings, did all the problems > with each reading and didn’t find this as > straining at all (compared to Corporate for > instance). The equity readings are extremely easy, > so 10 days is very doable, IMO. Who are you, superman?

i’m on the GG model / P/E stuff now and hoping to finish Equity / Alt by the weekend of next week. then next month is reserved for PM/FI/Derivatives. this is all first pass. may the lord help my soul. EDIT - yes, i’m workin FT.

I started with Equity on 10th and i am only left with Residual Income reading which i intend to nail today. I am sticking to schweser for everything other than Ethics. I hv gone thru the reading, scribbled notes in the margins and done the concept checkers. I hvnt bn able to manage more than 3 hrs a day. So I’ll say its very much doable. But i have to add that I had a pretty good hold over the DDM and P/E basics to start with, so tat helped a lot.

No not at all, I just do about 3 hours worth of reading a day, about 6 hours worth on weekends. The only thing is that when I read it is very dedicated, get in the zone, no interruptions for anything kind of reading. Plus, I really have to push through this stuff in this manner because I just passed L1 in Dec so I am on a much shorter schedule than many here.

We’re in the same boat. I try to go from 6 to 10pm everyday, but I have been really slow. Mind you, I’ve also spent a few days a week going back to the beginning and doing questions. I find it’s an effective way of retaining everything…

I work full time but will be doing 5 hours a day for this beast. See you all on 31st March…will use CFAI too.