Equity Research Salary

If asked in an interview what is a proper answer to how much I am looking to make for a Junior Associate Position in the Southeast? I have a pretty good idea of what a similar job would fetch in NY but I am not sure if it is like I banking where the base salary is the same regardless of location but the bonuses differ

Atlanta?

Pre or post mba? sell or buy side? If buy side, how much AUM. If sell side, how many coverage analysts are there?

Hmm… Southeast… Annual Base… 4 Alabama season tickets + 52 cases of PBR + 365 cans Copenhagen pouches + Gas for 4WD truck large enough to flatten a Cooper Mini + Deer hunting license - Proceeds from home moonshine operation - What you paid for your last pair of shoes (we don’t wear them down here) ------------------------------- ~65K base

Kevin0118, not to thread jack or anything but how about Wash DC Pre-MBA Buyside with 18-20 billion AUM and a staff of about 35-45. Research staff of about 10-15.

“Kevin0118, not to thread jack or anything but how about Wash DC Pre-MBA Buyside with 18-20 billion AUM and a staff of about 35-45. Research staff of about 10-15.” or you could just ask how much Sands Capital Management pays…

kevin0118 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pre or post mba? > sell or buy side? > If buy side, how much AUM. If sell side, how many > coverage analysts are there? pre sell 40 analysts

Was actually looking at something else but thanks for the heads up.

Suntrust, Raymond James, or Johnston Rice I’m guessing… assuming you’re a fresh grad, I’ve seen 50~60k with bonus of around 10~30k. As for kaiser’s question, I have no idea. As far as I see, buy side analysts eat what they kill or how hard of a kiss they plant on the PM’s ass towards the end of the year. glassdoor.com may be a good source for these info.