equity

for which of the following global industries would US govt involvement most likely represent an example of a negative external influence. Assume the investor holds an equal weighting of each industry. 1- oil industry 2 tobacco industry 3 cable tv industry

1?

I’m gonna go with 2.

2 lawsuits and enormous taxes is what I am thinking.

^ that was my thinking

this is the answer Schweez posted…i got this wrong… B The US govt has taken an active stance against the tobacco industry by declaring it to be a drug and decreeing that the FDA should have jurisdiction over the industry.

B

this question demands that one knows the issues facing these three industries vis-a-vis the US govt in current times. obviously you can’t expect a regular guy in china to know this. i’ll pass on wasting my time on this one.

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this question demands that one knows the issues > facing these three industries vis-a-vis the US > govt in current times. obviously you can’t expect > a regular guy in china to know this. > > i’ll pass on wasting my time on this one. C’mon man. Isn’t CFA biased to US security industry only? In many problems, Schweser keeps calling Japan as an emerging country.

CFAI won’t ask this type of question. Don’t even bother.

it sure is boston, but i doubt CFAI would ask a biased question such as this one. the fact that schweser calls Japan an EM country solidifies that thought.

CFA has so much room to ask challenging questions. But anything is possible at CFA. I am not really sure but I found L1 of CFA lot easier than Schweser or BSAS.