ER Associate Interview

What type of technical questions can I expect an analyst to ask during an interview for an equity research associate position? I would appreciate any help and advice. Thanks.

try the search function

1. Sector specific questions 2. Basic finance and accounting questions: WACC, DCF, multiples/relative valuation etc. This is not something you can just cram. You have it or you dont. 3. Know a couple points about the firm/ibank deals etc. #4 Brendan Woods 4. Know the analyst’s background, awards etc. 5. Have 2 shorts and 2 buys with a 20-30 second reason why you hate/like each 6. Behavioral: are you a dick to work with? Do you really want this? Will you be good enough to last 2 years but not be good enough to take my job? Are you just using this job to get into ibanking in a year (hint: say you’re looking to make a 2-3 yr commitment)?

hey wizard76, thanks for questions!! can you please let me know any website or reference from where you got all these questions or these were from your expereince?

how do analysts know when to initiate new coverage? what factors come into play?

pacmandefense Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how do analysts know when to initiate new > coverage? what factors come into play? NOT SO SUBTIL BANKING CUES

HOT LENTIL SOUP

Alayle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pacmandefense Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > how do analysts know when to initiate new > > coverage? what factors come into play? > > NOT SO SUBTIL BANKING CUES thanks for the SUBTLE informative answer.

pacmandefense Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alayle Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > pacmandefense Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > how do analysts know when to initiate new > > > coverage? what factors come into play? > > > > NOT SO SUBTIL BANKING CUES > > > thanks for the SUBTLE informative answer. SORRY WAS IN A HURRY

SOGGY WASABI CURRY