Ermenegildo Zegna

Express has a sale going on for shirts. Buy 3 at $39.50 each.

prockets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …this seems like a conversation right out of > American Psycho… Come on, Bryce. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about…

johnnyblazini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “YOu get good quality obviously but you are paying > 2-3 times book.” > > 2-3 times? I think it is definetely north of > that… But I do agree that for 200$ a shirt one > should go MTM or Bespoke… > > The main point is that you should never purchase > “Designer Labeled Brands” as they are based on a > advertising and designing business model as > opposed to a quality hand work model… you are missing a important factor. Design… Yes you can get mtm to fit you perfectly but sometimes a designer just knows you better than you. So unless you get tailored by Charvet, I much prefer the innovative and avant-garde designs of a dolce or gucci. Sure for the same price I will not get nearly as good needle work and material quality. But truthfully at this point in my life that is not a priority. Maybe when I’m 50 I will change my opinion…

If you want that classy timeless look a la Dean Martin – Brooks Brothers offers it at a relatively moderate price and offers their better products at discounts often.

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Express has a sale going on for shirts. Buy 3 at > $39.50 each. Surprisingly, I like their shirts quite a bit!

Don’t ever pay $200 for Armani or Zegna shirts… They are nice shirts but they are NOT superior to the Sea Island quality shirt form Charles Tyrwhitt which can be found on sale for under $80 quite frequently. I own a number of Zegna shirts that I get from Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks OFF 5th, Nordstrom’s Rack and Filene’s Basement for anywhere from $35 to $90. In that range, they are a nice deal. Also, Thomas Pink is just a name. The shit quality is in the dumpster and are made in Bangladesh now I think. Turnbull & Asser are the way to go if you’re craving the London thing. Got Ask Any or Style Forum if you really want to skinny.

BOMC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t ever pay $200 for Armani or Zegna shirts… > They are nice shirts but they are NOT superior to > the Sea Island quality shirt form Charles Tyrwhitt > which can be found on sale for under $80 quite > frequently. > Bingo. Tyrwhitt shirts are the best for the money IMO. I’ve got about 10 of them and about a dozen Thomas Pinks and I wear the Tyrwhitts way more. I think the Tyrwhitts are better quality than the Pinks. I’ve had threads come loose on several Pinks. Never had a problem with the Tyrwhitts.

Is there a place where you could buy BrooksBrothers clothing in Canada?

Brooks Brother is not so good… i saw it on sale over the weekend for about $50 per shirts… and they are not as stylish imo

I’ve owned Hilditch and Key [about $250] and Sears shirts and the one thing I can say is that at the end of the day, they’re all pretty much the same. Willy

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BOMC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Don’t ever pay $200 for Armani or Zegna > shirts… > > They are nice shirts but they are NOT superior > to > > the Sea Island quality shirt form Charles > Tyrwhitt > > which can be found on sale for under $80 quite > > frequently. CT shirts are great (avoid the bottom-end of the line tho.). I like the slim-fit super140s-best value for money for off the rack- but the sea island quality (s180) is just great. Very light-weight and soft although the collar is too ‘soft’ for my taste. You get brass stiffeners as a bonus too :slight_smile: BTW, It doesnt take a Wall Street exec. to appreciate the value of high quality clothing. It is an investment that makes one feel great. Personally, I cant stand misers with polyester leisure suits (remember Larry Laffer?) If you cheapies out there dont get it, I suggest you do yourself a favor and go get a fine pair of Ferragamo shoes to replace your scruffy, coarse, angular WMT ones.

buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > johnnyblazini Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “YOu get good quality obviously but you are > paying > > 2-3 times book.” > > > > 2-3 times? I think it is definetely north of > > that… But I do agree that for 200$ a shirt > one > > should go MTM or Bespoke… > > > > The main point is that you should never > purchase > > “Designer Labeled Brands” as they are based on > a > > advertising and designing business model as > > opposed to a quality hand work model… > > you are missing a important factor. Design… > > Yes you can get mtm to fit you perfectly but > sometimes a designer just knows you better than > you. So unless you get tailored by Charvet, I > much prefer the innovative and avant-garde designs > of a dolce or gucci. > > Sure for the same price I will not get nearly as > good needle work and material quality. But > truthfully at this point in my life that is not a > priority. Maybe when I’m 50 I will change my > opinion… There is very little innovation in menswear at this time in history. When you say “design,” I think you mean “fashion.” “Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we must change it every six months” -Oscar Wilde

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brooks Brother is not so good… i saw it on sale > over the weekend for about $50 per shirts… and > they are not as stylish imo Every label has their “rack” items that are cheaper. With respect to style, I think BB is very stylish, depending on the look your going for. If you consider the modern, tight fitting look to be stylish then BB is probably not your brand. I think it’s cool for hanging out, but especially being a young guy on the job, I’m going for a more mature and professional look without looking like I’m trying too hard. Bottom line, unless I’m going out to an upscale soiree, when I wear a suit, I’m shooting for more of the Capital Hill staffer look, as opposed to a Details Magazine ad.

johnnyblazini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > buddha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > johnnyblazini Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > “YOu get good quality obviously but you are > > paying > > > 2-3 times book.” > > > > > > 2-3 times? I think it is definetely north of > > > that… But I do agree that for 200$ a shirt > > one > > > should go MTM or Bespoke… > > > > > > The main point is that you should never > > purchase > > > “Designer Labeled Brands” as they are based > on > > a > > > advertising and designing business model as > > > opposed to a quality hand work model… > > > > you are missing a important factor. Design… > > > > Yes you can get mtm to fit you perfectly but > > sometimes a designer just knows you better than > > you. So unless you get tailored by Charvet, I > > much prefer the innovative and avant-garde > designs > > of a dolce or gucci. > > > > Sure for the same price I will not get nearly > as > > good needle work and material quality. But > > truthfully at this point in my life that is not > a > > priority. Maybe when I’m 50 I will change my > > opinion… > > There is very little innovation in menswear at > this time in history. When you say “design,” I > think you mean “fashion.” > > > “Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that > we must change it every six months” > -Oscar Wilde Fashion IS constant “design” innovation…and what does a gay author know about what looks good? Considering I wear a suit everyday, I don’t want some potato sack shaped Oxxford suit (regardless of how timeless it may be)

This thread has justified my urge to turn to the side when I’m peeing in the stall at work.

Randall Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This thread has justified my urge to turn to the > side when I’m peeing in the stall at work. will you still be able to reach?

What are your thoughts on Ike Behar? I just got one for the first time, and I really like the quality and fit