Errors on Mock Exams

This is killing me. I have taken both mocks and I have found one error in each of them. This is based on notes I took while taking it suspecting that there was an error after not finding the correct answer among the choices. On the first one they misadded the number of years on a quant TVM problem. On the second one they mixed up correlation and covariance on a portfolio standard deviation question. Anyone else notice these or any others?

i know the 2 questions you’re talking about… just roll with the punches

1 Like

I guess the good news is that I know portfolio SD and TVM well enough to spot their errors. If only I could stop f***ing up on equity

Never Mind

also in the one question that asked about the 99% confidence interval with mean 44 and sd 9. it used the square root of the Standard deviation ±2.58. Did I just read the question wrong and 9 was really the variance? CI should have bee± 2.58*9 NOT 2.58*sqr(9) of course unless I read it wrong and it said variance was 9. Help me!

I think there was an error in Mock 1 regarding to calculating the NPV of a series of cash flow as well.

you’re supposed to use average price and average quantity in determining the percentage change

I don’t know about those specifically gameday but it is possible.

dcbreber Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you’re supposed to use average price and average > quantity in determining the percentage change Wow ur write just looked it up on wikipeda…I have an econ degree and I swear we used percentage change from original value.

I had one sample question that referenced the concept of offensive and defensive competitive strategies. Nowhere in any of the textbooks were those concepts referenced. I had to look them up via Google.

You and I both. MT327 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess the good news is that I know portfolio SD > and TVM well enough to spot their errors. > > If only I could stop f***ing up on equity