Essay Questions

Hi, I haven’t finished studying the curriculum but I am curious about the essay style questions. Will the essay style questions cover the entire material or is it specific to a SS? iyad

Please refer to the CFA Web Site and look for specifics for the exam … all that info is there… also in plenty of other emails that have been shared here, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. PLEASE USE SEARCH…

These questions remind me of the new generation just coming on the job market…lazy and impatient, can’t even use the search function of a forum but want to be managers, earn a lot of money without working to much…

Pauluss Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These questions remind me of the new generation > just coming on the job market…lazy and > impatient, can’t even use the search function of a > forum but want to be managers, earn a lot of money > without working to much… search function…whats a search function…please send me the details @ leecher_lurker@gmail.com

Amazing that people are willing to take the time to belittle someone for asking a question but are unwilling to take the time to help out. Anything in the curriculum is fair game, but there is kind of set types of questions you’ll see on it (IPS are the big ones). Take a look at the 2009 AM exam on the CFAI site (you should hold off on taking it until you finish the curriculum but read through to give you a understanding).

its gets mind numbing after a while…

Agree w/ Howd. IPS is definitely big…and is often tested in different ways/formats. Knowing any and all IPS types (indiv, instit, non-profit, foundation, defined contrib plan, defined benefit plan, etc.) will be a major plus for your confidence and potential success!!

Thank you guys. This is exactly what I was looking for (the CFAI website is too generic) so I will focus on IPS. Thanks and good luck iyad