Essay questions

Does anyone know how detailed we are expected to be with the essay questions on the level 2 exam? For the CFA level 3 exam the guy in my Schweser class told us to keep our answers to bullet points. That seemed to work well enough for me but I’m not sure what to expect for this test.

Bullet points and short sentences worked for me. But I type a lot faster than I write so I wasn’t as worried about it for the CAIA.

ATH, Did you pass the CAIA L2 exam? Just asking to see if bullet points worked with the graders

When i did the exam the answers couldnt be given as bullet points that easily though (Sep 2009). There weren’t many questions like: “name 4 reasons why …” or “which 3 things should … consist of?”. In most cases it was more an open question like “explain why this would not work in real-life when markets are not perfect” and then you cant give bullet points that easily.

Azzii Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ATH, Did you pass the CAIA L2 exam? Just asking to > see if bullet points worked with the graders Yes, I passed last fall, so it must have worked, at least partially. I received “between 50 and 75%” on my essays.

Are there really only 3 question sets for the essay questions? There is no way that doing three of the schweser essay sets will take 2 hours. Am I missing something? Are there also MC questions for the second half of the exam?

No multiple choice on the 2nd half. I don’t remember how many question sets there were but it didn’t take me nearly the two hours to complete. This may sound terrible but I never practiced any essay questions but knew they key was keeping things short, sweet, but complete. There were a *lot* of small sub-questions. Essays went quickly for me because either you know it and write a confident answer or don’t and write a few semi-B.S. items that you hope will snag a point or two.

Essay questions are killing me now…