ETF-only HF

http://seekingalpha.com/article/81920-hermosa-capital-the-all-etf-hedge-fund What do you guys think about this? Sounds like it could be an interesting way to implement a top-down, macro type strategy. Of course, it will be interesting to see how they held up during the brutal summer.

Amateurs.

Do you mean the strategy, or the folks in the article implementing it?

Why would anyone pay 2 and 25 for this? Edit: If people are paying that much for this, I really need to start my own hedge fund ASAP.

So the ETF’s charge fees and these guys have a proprietary model for trading ETF’s but can’t implement or execute to get better baskets than the ETF’s. Then they have the gall to charge 2/25. I think these guys are the silliest of amateurs and I think anybody that would invest with them is a moron. Honestly, their proprietary model is probably less sophisticated than anything I played with in high school.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would anyone pay 2 and 25 for this? > > Edit: If people are paying that much for this, I > really need to start my own hedge fund ASAP. That’s it!