Ethic: R2Page166, q50

I checked the case, it does not mention anywhere that Grohl use top down approach, it only said that Grohl reached his conclusion by using multi-factor approach…

Where did it say Groho use top down approach in answer key on page 181? It only says "Grohl diligently prepared the internal document according to the firm’s traditional format with a complete fundamental analysis and recommendation — indicating diligence and a reasonable basis for his recommendation. It… Which makes sense to me because it matches case fact pattern.

right, i think the point is that he writes the recommendation using “old research reports as a guide for format” and that the multi-factor model is just his extra finishing quantitative touches, which Brecksen doesn’t care about, but that doesn’t make his research useless.

He based his conclusion by using multi-factor model and only use old research report as guide of format. the context imply that he did not reach his conclusion with top-down approach. In this case, is removal of mentioning of “multi-factor” from the research report a violation? Thanks. AndrewUNH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > right, i think the point is that he writes the > recommendation using “old research reports as a > guide for format” and that the multi-factor model > is just his extra finishing quantitative touches, > which Brecksen doesn’t care about, but that > doesn’t make his research useless.

Unless stated otherwise, we are always tested as top-down analyst.

Not a violation. The point is (i think) if his boss says I don’t understand this multifactor stuff, take that off, his recommendation is still valid. Yes/no? hw0799 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He based his conclusion by using multi-factor > model and only use old research report as guide of > format. the context imply that he did not reach > his conclusion with top-down approach. In this > case, is removal of mentioning of “multi-factor” > from the research report a violation? Thanks. > > > AndrewUNH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > right, i think the point is that he writes the > > recommendation using “old research reports as a > > guide for format” and that the multi-factor > model > > is just his extra finishing quantitative > touches, > > which Brecksen doesn’t care about, but that > > doesn’t make his research useless.