Ethics: Additional compensation disclosure?

As a CFA, do you have to get written permission from the employer to accept the following positions (it is not a real question, I am trying to clear this in my head) a) non profit with compensation (no specific time commitment) b) non profit without compensation (no specific time commitment) c) non-profit without compensation but atleast 8 days a month. d) mayor of the town with compensation e) mayor without compensation f) board of a non-profit without compensation Is there a rule of thumb around this - such as only paid or positions which can create conflict of interest needs to be disclosed? Thanks!!

keviv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a CFA, do you have to get written permission > from the employer to accept the following > positions (it is not a real question, I am trying > to clear this in my head) > > a) non profit with compensation (no specific time > commitment) > b) non profit without compensation (no specific > time commitment) > c) non-profit without compensation but atleast 8 > days a month. > d) mayor of the town with compensation > e) mayor without compensation > f) board of a non-profit without compensation > > > Is there a rule of thumb around this - such as > only paid or positions which can create conflict > of interest needs to be disclosed? > > Thanks!! I think you would need to get permission or at least disclose for each. I usually do pretty well with these questions but at the moment I’m drawing a blank.

even with no compensation, written permission should be obtained from employer since working for others will take away some of your time. Therefore, the quality of your original job may be affected