Ethics again

This is from Q2, p.170, CFAI 1 Members and candidate must: © strive to maintain and improve the competence of other investment professionals. (D) ensure that investment management firms vote proxies in the shareholders’ best interest Note that A and B are not included here. Although I picked the right one, I am not sure why the other is wrong. Thoughts?

anyone?

yeah sticky, its c) without a doubt because although proxy is correct, its too narrowly defined (I think its more a “recommended practice”) whereas c) is more of a guiding principle! Get it?

think that’s referring to the code of ethics, had the same Q before.

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah sticky, its c) without a doubt because > although proxy is correct, its too narrowly > defined (I think its more a “recommended > practice”) whereas c) is more of a guiding > principle! Get it? yes, I got © and it looks “more correct”. But I think (D) is not wrong. It’s III(A)!!

agree… but I choose the best answer when in doubt

OK, I don’t know the Q, but it seems one of the cases where Scheweser tests superfulious staff. C is clearly stated in Code of Ethics Other one is part of Standards. Probably they ask which one is in code of ethics. Further they say “shareholder”. You don’t careabout shareholders, you care about your clients, who are not necessarily shareholder of the company whose stock you hold.