Ethics - CFAI or Schweser

I saved ethics til the end and I haven’t spent any time there yet (prob not smart in hindsight but it made sense to me several months ago). Is CFA text a must for ethics or will Schweser suffice? I have at least a couple days out of the next 11 allocated to ethics, so time is an issue but not a deal breaker… I know how important it is. So CFAI or Schweser? Thanks in advance…

You should be able to go over all the CFAI text & EOC’s in a few hours. It’s not difficult material, although sometimes the questions asked can be.

I would read schweser, excluding ROS and Soft Dollars then do All the EOC questions.

it’s all about repetitiontiontion

thx for the responses. is Q-bank worthwhile for ethics? if not, where do you get repetition outside of EOC q’s? @beingthatguy, why exclude ROS and Soft Dollars?

Hi Beingthatguy. Are you saying that for SD and RO standards, study straight from curriculum and not from Schweser. I am in the same boat as LloydDobler. Save the best for last. :slight_smile:

For me its cfai text only for ethics along with cfai EOCs.it worked for me at level 1.I scored only in the 50-70 range though but tats my shortcoming. Hadn’t nailed it well.

Yeah, for ROS and SD I would use CFA text. They have multiple examples and if I remember correctly, two years ago, ethics was based on ROS and SD. I use QBANK for Ethics…I have done about 1000 examples :slight_smile: I failed level 2 in June 2009 (band 10)…Failed Ethics…

CFAI for sure…

Schweser. Never cracked a CFAI book and I’m doing fine on all Ethics questions. Usually i miss one or two per vin, but there’s really no avoiding that. I’m going to review Schweser again tonight and use CFAI for ROS and SD. So much gray area anyway, it’s easier to get the “big picture” with Schweser Ethics… Practice problems help too…

Don’t bother with either. Spend a day or two maximum reading the Standards of Practice Handbook and you’ll be fine