Ethics discrepency

A few posts ago i asked about whether or not you need to reference material done by a co-worker. The consensus was, you don’t need to. I ran into the following QBANK question: An analyst preparing a report does NOT need to cite the use of which of the following? A) Estimates of betas provided by Standard & Poor’s. B) Charts developed by a colleague in the same firm. C) A recent quote from Alan Greenspan. D) The use of a new algorithm for computing betas developed by a group of university professors Answer is A. But look at answer B? What gives?

immatic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A few posts ago i asked about whether or not you > need to reference material done by a co-worker. > The consensus was, you don’t need to. > > I ran into the following QBANK question: > > An analyst preparing a report does NOT need to > cite the use of which of the following? > > A) Estimates of betas provided by Standard & > Poor’s. > > B) Charts developed by a colleague in the same > firm. > > C) A recent quote from Alan Greenspan. > > D) The use of a new algorithm for computing > betas developed by a group of university > professors > > > Answer is A. But look at answer B? > > What gives? 99% of the time you cite your co workers…s and P betas are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and easy to get off the web

Yea, the answer is clear just given A alone, public available data usually doesnt need to be referenced. Like the one thing from ethics I actually know better than the back of my hand.

hkayani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yea, the answer is clear just given A alone, > public available data usually doesnt need to be > referenced. Like the one thing from ethics I > actually know better than the back of my hand. cool dude, for some reason, i am smoking ethics, the trick is to read the answers first : ) see what they are looking for then read the question and find the “puzzle pieces”

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hkayani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yea, the answer is clear just given A alone, > > public available data usually doesnt need to be > > referenced. Like the one thing from ethics I > > actually know better than the back of my hand. > > > cool dude, for some reason, i am smoking ethics, > the trick is to read the answers first : ) see > what they are looking for then read the question > and find the “puzzle pieces” A lot of times it’s logic, like what would Mr. Perfect Portfolio Manager do?

> A lot of times it’s logic, like what would Mr. > Perfect Portfolio Manager do? yeah, but sometimes it is very counterintutive too. i think the only remedy is to friggin MEMORIZE the standards