ethics / econ

in ethics: was reasonable basis wording for the company good enough for the standards? i said yes. in econ: did anyone pick the one saying its incorrect that knowledge capital would diminish if the schools became worse and less people were schooled?

knowledge is right

+1

hahahah i seriously went 1/6 in econ. glad it’ll only show up as a under 50% so i can pretend i got 2/6 right. funny b/c i crush arb, forex, etc. this was not my set. oh well. where was my BOP? :slight_smile:

tony2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in ethics: was reasonable basis wording for the > company good enough for the standards? i said > yes. Nope written guidelines are definitely recommended.

Sweet. I went for written guidelines and C diminishing returns on knowledge capital. Was thinking about that Econ Q for about 5 minutes. I had ruled out B straight away but in the end just went for C as I thought it made more sense. Was a vague and oddly worded question for me.

Oh yeah what about the results of a fixed exchange policy? I think I went with inflation converging and no competitive advantage.

Anyone remember the question about the fixed currency rate and what it would do? I didn’t think it would stay the same in the LR and that the country (fixing it’s currency) would continue to have a competitive adv bc it’s currency was undervalued.

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh yeah what about the results of a fixed exchange > policy? I think I went with inflation converging > and no competitive advantage. what were the other choices for the fixed fx q?

I think I went with A for that one. Can’t remember the answers though. The economics item set was very tricky.

Re: ethics / econ new Posted by: nirjraina (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: June 7, 2009 08:20PM tony2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in ethics: was reasonable basis wording for the > company good enough for the standards? i said > yes. Nope written guidelines are definitely recommended. AGREE ON THIS- put the written guidelines answer.

written yes

Oh yeah and the GDP question was 2/3rds

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Re: ethics / econ new > Posted by: nirjraina (IP Logged) > Date: June 7, 2009 08:20PM > > tony2 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > in ethics: was reasonable basis wording for the > > company good enough for the standards? i said > > yes. > > > Nope written guidelines are definitely > recommended. > > > AGREE ON THIS- put the written guidelines answer. I think I changed to written required in the end. Since I figured better has more stringent rules, that is the ethics essential.

nirjraina Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh yeah and the GDP question was 2/3rds are you sure about this, other people said that it was equal.

Yeah it was 2/3 for sure. Economy A starts off 1/8th the size. It grows about 8 times over the 17.5years. Economy B grows about 50% in 17.5 years. So A goes from 1 to 8 and B goes from 8 to 12. At the end of the period, A is 8/12 the size of B. Or 2/3rds.

great, got that bad boy then, i saw another thread that said they were equal

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nirjraina Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Oh yeah and the GDP question was 2/3rds > > > are you sure about this, other people said that it > was equal. come on, I see this is kind of the reason people starts to paranoid after coming to AF. Because people debate on questions like this one. I mean, if this question is a tricky one, I really should start worry about my passing or not.

Remember there are two versions of the test. I took 5151. Maybe 6161 was phrased differently.

Irishgyy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > nirjraina Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Oh yeah and the GDP question was 2/3rds > > > > > > are you sure about this, other people said that > it > > was equal. > > > come on, I see this is kind of the reason people > starts to paranoid after coming to AF. > Because people debate on questions like this one. > I mean, if this question is a tricky one, I really > should start worry about my passing or not. not worried bro, just verifying the answer from a thread that was debating this very topic