Ethics Logo question.

Guys, Can one use the logo on business cards and letter heads? The following appears on the CFA website (http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/policies/cfaguide.html) The notice does not have to appear on letterhead or business cards. Also, the standards handbook seems to suggest that Logo can be used by an analyst if they are current charterholders. I’m confused. Anyone?

Both are not

It can be used on individual letterheads and cards,

This is from the ethics handbook “Comment: The CFA Logo is a certification mark intended to identify individual charterholders and must not be incorporated into a company name, confused with a company logo, or placed in such close proximity to a company name or logo as to give the reader the idea that the certification mark certifies the company. It would only be appropriate to use the CFA Logo on the business card or letterhead of each individual CFA charterholder.”

-1 for me.

What? The question was using logo on the company’s letterhead? isnt it? if this is right then -1 for me too. I hate schweser.

Guys, I’m pretty sure the question being discussed indicated the members of the firm explicitly UNDERLINED CFA on business cards and letter heads. So it would be a violation on the cards and letterheads!! (Small firm proud of % of employees with CFA -> underlined -> no no) +1 for all three if i read the question right.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, I’m pretty sure the question on the exam > indicated the members of the firm explicitly > UNDERLINED CFA on business cards and letter heads. > So he did violate on the two!! (Small firm proud > of % of employees with CFA -> underlined -> no > no) > > +1 for all three if i read the question right. +1 for me if you are right, because I remember that too.

Hope so, every point helps.

If it was company letterhead , then it is a violation. I thought it was individual letterheads and business cards of the employees which isnt a violation. If it was company, -1 here.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, I’m pretty sure the question being discussed > indicated the members of the firm explicitly > UNDERLINED CFA on business cards and letter heads. > So it would be a violation on the cards and > letterheads!! > > (Small firm proud of % of employees with CFA -> > underlined -> no no) > > +1 for all three if i read the question right. I do not rem exactly but isnt that another question you are talking about. I am not sure

UNDERLINED = Violation!!! Can anyone confirm??? We’re beating the letterhead/business card thing to death!

I think it’s the same.

If it is underlined yes it is a violation for sure

I don’t remember underlined.

Me neither…

I didn’t see underlined…1100/11 here.

X is a small firm which is proud of the large proportion of its employees holding the CFA charter. Employees underline CFA on business cards and letterheads… Was I dreaming??

I thought it was like: X is a small firm which is proud of the large proportion of its employees holding the CFA charter, and they encourage employees using CFA on individual business cards and letterheads… But I could be wrong.

I put YES for both violations. either -1 or +1 for me. haha.