Ethics nonsense

I think in GIPS you can score 100%

#YourScoreWontBeWhatYouExpect

#kindalikeyourmath

Surprised eveyone found Ethics so difficult. I found both sets okay. Yes there might be some confusion on some questions but hey if one READs the case well and has studied the core curriculum well, it should be fine. I was able to answer 80% -90% ethics qs correctly(i hope!) key is to really understand what the standard says amd what the question is asking…

I think it’s just that you couldn’t really nail it with 100% confidence, even if you had just read the material. Ethics was the one section I was in where I felt like I was treading water, whereas everywhere else I had the knowledge base and the formulas needed to move forward.

I can’ agree more. Are they really testing our knowledge or trying to set us for failure? I honestly don’t think some questions are fair from the past exams as well.

Don’t hedge the credit risk; buy some insurance(papers) and transfer to somebody else.

I asked my lawyer about a similar case, she said she would most likely disagree/agree with you, with a 95% confidence interval… of course, that still means a 5% probability of committing a TYPE I error :slight_smile:

EDITED to fix my poor defintion of TYPE 1/TYPE II error.

You are wrong. 5% probability of committing a TYPE I error

#DisguiseYourselfasaPersonalTrainer

#GetOneLastTap

Hey guys, sorry to pop in here above my grade level, as I just sat for L II, but (I felt) Ethics was done really poorly on that exam too. Even worse, doesn’t it seem somewhat hypocritical for them to be so nuanced and seemingly tricky on ethics? I get it on FRA, CF, etc., but it seems --pun shamelessly intended–unethical to try to intentionally trick testees on ethics. It seemed my vignette was written by Kafka.

Oops, you are right…

xoxo

Ethics item sets are there to make sure almost nobody gets 100% in the PM session

I found ethics to be absurd. It was really only the only part where I was unsure if I was being tricked or not. I read the cfai material and did all questions multiple times and still was just baffled by the questions

Not to mention that Ethics has already been tested in the first two exams. But I rant…

And you are really introducing a strong element of luck into the exam, when a massive percentage of your candidates are almost randomly guessing on 10%+ of the exam points. Or you are basically counting on their intuition to discern an appropriate course of action from an unethical one for a very ambiguous situation – somehow I did not think this was the goal of practicing the Ethics judgment.

I don’t think the ethic questions were tricky. It wasn’t easy but not tricky. Theoretically, if you could have the material in front of your eyes you could asnwer it then it is not tricky. It just difficult.

Ethics would have been unmanageable even if it was open book…for me at least.

#onlyVickyThoughtEthicsWereEasyPeasy

#eitherGeniusorMoron

#thinkYouKnowWhichWayImLeaning

For me surprisingly, I could solve the ethics segment in a much better way then i did in 2013 (My first attempt)

I found rest of the PM easy except few caselets. IDK why everyone found ethics to be ambigious, maybe i have fallen for some tricks.