Ethics performance benchmark & pass rate

My scores on different topics seem to be stable, except for ethics. When I work out schweser’s concept checkers, I get well over 90%. When I try schweser’s 3rd practice exam, it is 65%. When I try schweser’s 1st exam, it is 83%. And finally, on the mock exam of CFAI (first part), it is 61%! I tried the questions on the CFAI textbook. Answered all, got over 85%. Anyone having this problem? and what benchmark should we use? And is it true that in order to pass the exam, we have to pass ethics (>70%) ?

I feel the same way. I know the material, but somehow my scores are all over the place too. I know someone who scored below 50 in Ethics and still passed the exam. So, I guess it depends how well your other scores are.

Daniela Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I feel the same way. > I know the material, but somehow my scores are all > over the place too. > > I know someone who scored below 50 in Ethics and > still passed the exam. > > So, I guess it depends how well your other scores > are. below? wow, he must have crushed the other parts

k then i can still be hopeful perhaps. thanks.

Hmmm, below 50, so the person was not even half way ethical and still passed :slight_smile:

thats the reason why he passed :slight_smile:

Is it the overall score that matters?