Ethics practice

Where do you people practice ethics questions from apart from the CFAI text books?

Qbank - My tip for Ethics is to do one standard each day for the next seven. Make sure to learn all the quirky things in the examples. Do GIPS next Friday morning and then try to relax. Best of luck!

I found Qbank to be easier than the CFAI mock with regard to ethics. The CFAI mock is more nuanced and difficult – requiring you to know not only right from wrong, but which standard is more likely (or less likely) violated.

If you say that CFA mock exam is much difficult than Qbank then from where we should do practice for Ethics. Please tell me how we can get good marks in Ethics section.

Yea… need major help with the small details of ethics…

I may be the blind leading the blind, but the answers to the CFAI mock exams point you to the page(s) where the issue is discussed. I’d review the mock answers very carefully (what I’m doing today) and probably take all three CFAI sample exams as well. I’ve drilled through ethics on Qbank endlessly and a lot of the questions repeat. I score higher there, but when taking official CFAI practice exams I realize that don’t know as much as I thought I did. NeerajDBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you say that CFA mock exam is much difficult > than Qbank then from where we should do practice > for Ethics. Please tell me how we can get good > marks in Ethics section.

so if we study CFA Ethics material carefully and whatever example they given with each standards and after that do problems behind the chapters and then one mock exam is that sufficient to get some good marks in Ethics or we need something extra even after that.

Well, that and GIPS should do the trick. I’ve actually never really STUDIED ethics and I’m still scoring around 60% on it, so after these tips + GIPS we should be able to get 70+

At a minimum, I think you have to memorize the outline of the Standards of Practice. At least then you have an overview. Bottom line is that there is no assurance of scoring well without understanding the material on a deeper level. I’m scoring reasonably well on practice exams, but I really need to ace this section to compensate for weaknesses in quant and econ.

Are you guys in for June’ 10 level 1, then you have lotsa time cos m givin it next sunday and still very scared abt the Ethics stuff… I feel more than knowing the subject, its more abt the gut feeling…you can study the subject endlessly but u need to pratice a lots of questions to get the knack of it