ethics q: disclosure or not

Jim Taylor works as a portfolio manager for Rose Capital and also serves as president of the Little League board of directors in his town. He receives no money from Little League, however the local golf club provides him with a free membership for volunteering his time on the Little League board. Taylor’s involvement with Little League is in his company biography, but the club membership has not been disclosed to Rose or his clients. Taylor has: A) violated the Standards by not disclosing the club membership to Rose and failing to disclose it to clients. B) violated the Standards by not disclosing the club membership to clients, but not by failing to disclose it to Rose. C) violated the Standards by not disclosing the club membership to Rose, but not by failing to disclose it to clients. D) not violated the Standards

D

C

C?

A?

C?

C

Im gonna say C, because of the free golf course membership only. Also, the individual has discretion on what he reports to clients. In providing an explanation I have probably insured that I am wrong.

I’d say d since i dont see conflict of interest with clients but could be with employer…

I picked C because he didn’t disclose additional compensation in the form of the club membership. ???

sorry I meant C damn!

wasn’t itfaster THE MOLE? got to ask pinkman

I say D … I don’t see how a Little League club can affect his work or judgment.

im with D - don’t see a conflict btwn the membership and work in this item set

I say C just because where I work we have to DISCLOSE everything to them, but not necessarily to our clients.

I’m going with C as well.

C

itfaster can we have the answer now…

this one was already posted awhile back, we should probably verify the answer in case itfaster changes it on us again.

D - no conflict