Ethics ques 'might, could,can'

Tony Calaveccio, CFA, is the manager of the TrustCo Small Cap Venture Fund in Toronto. Calaveccio places a trade with Quantco Brokerage. While Calaveccio’s part of the transaction was conveyed correctly to Quantco, there was a trading error made in Calaveccio’s account due to a slip up within Quantco. Calaveccio realizes that the error has taken place, and informs his contact at Quantco. Calaveccio allows Quantco to cover the error, with no cost to TrustCo. This is: A) a violation of Calaveccio’s duty to his employer. B) permissible under CFA Institute Standards since some trading errors are a fact of life in the securities industry. C) a violation of Calaveccio’s fiduciary duties. Ned Brenan manages two dozen pension accounts, one of which earned over 25% during the past two years. Brenan tells prospective clients that based on past experience they can expect a 25% return on their funds. Which of the following statements is TRUE? A) Brenan has violated Standard of Professional Conduct III(D), Performance Presentation, but Brenan has not violated Standard I©, Misrepresentation. B) Brenan has violated both Standard of Professional Conduct III(D), Performance Presentation, and Standard I©, Misrepresentation. C) Brenan has not violated Standard of Professional Conduct III(D), Performance Presentation, but Brenan has violated Standard I©, Misrepresentation. Your answer: C was incorrect. The correct answer was B) Brenan has violated both Standard of Professional Conduct III(D), Performance Presentation, and Standard I©, Misrepresentation. Brenan violated Standard of Professional Conduct III(D) by using only one portfolio’s results to create a false impression of all the portfolios, and Brenan violated Standard of Professional Conduct I© by creating the impression that a certain return was assured (he should have used the words “might” or “could” instead of “can”).

ITS B and B for both the questions. altought first 1 is tricky…

B and B. given that he realised the error and informed appropiate people, its ok

C and C (I thought ) but …thats not correct as per your post.

1. B 2) B Second one got me thinking about technicalities. Need to focussssssssssss.

B and B 2nd one was tricky though

answer for the first one is B, though I could not recall reading in the CFAI book about “security errors being a part of life”