Ethics Question...:

A CFA charterholder coaches a fellow employee as that colleague studies for the CFA exams. The charterholder tells the colleague all that she remembers from her exams and how they were constructed. This is: A) not a violation of the standards. B) a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct. C) a violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.

I think it’s A. CFAI already tells you how they’re constructed, so that’s no a violation. They don’t specify what “all that she remembers” really is, so you can’t just assume that’s a violation.

I’d say B. You’re not supposed to talk about the contents of the exam, and the question states, “The charterholder tells the colleague all that she remembers from her exams AND how they were constructed.”

Isn’t that a historical examination that the charterholder is talking about? what effect does that have only a candidate preparing for an exam today. This is akin to a Level II candidate helping a Level I candidate on the forum or like JDV helps all of us on all forums. So that is no violation and I agree with dspapo that it is A, no violation. (Otherwise all of us would be in big time soup for helping others with their studies).

The gray area lies in the statement ‘all that she remembers from her exams’, so it could mean she recalled & told her some real questions from the exam OR she narrated a funny incident that she remembered that occured during the exam … really could be anything. It’s left for us to interpret. All I am sure of is it’s definitely not C :slight_smile: Would have guessed B and moved on since any suspicious statement like this one in CFA’s dungeon would be taken with skepticism bending more towards negativity of the connotation implied.

Dinesh Standard 1(D) talks only of alcohol use during work, environmental activism related stuff. no reference to CFA exam or any such item. So not sure that B would be the right answer. If B were the right answer - all of our talk on this forum would be a violation, definitely. We are talking of things related to the exam, some of us who have taken the exam before. So all our actions would then be suspect. I still go with A.

If it’s not A, I’m in trouble. Besides CFAI publishes the exams and the solutions. I can’t do much better than that.

I know Joey will enjoy this answer…:wink: The correct answer was B) a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct. This is a violation because even though it does not necessarily compromise the integrity of the next exam, it does violate the Code of Ethics, Standard I(D) Misconduct, and Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program. At the beginning of the CFA examination, all candidates are required to sign a statement saying they will not divulge any information regarding the exam to anyone. In this question the Code of Ethics was broken because it requires CFA candidates and CFA Institute members to act in an ethical manner. Standard I(D) Misconduct was broken because it requires members and candidates to not engage in any dishonest conduct. Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program was broken because it requires members and candidates to not disregard the rules and policies of the CFA Program related to examination administration.

Oh well, there goes this forum.

lol

Good question. I have another one (from real life) - if I post a picture taken on the phone not by me during the break from the cafeteria showing only hall with few proctors - is it a violation? I also post it without copyright sign or link to source. It’s a non professional foto. Is it a violation?

Yurik74 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good question. I have another one (from real > life) - if I post a picture taken on the phone not > by me during the break from the cafeteria showing > only hall with few proctors - is it a violation? I > also post it without copyright sign or link to > source. It’s a non professional foto. Is it a > violation? Are you posting it on your desk at work, or posting it like on facebook?

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yurik74 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good question. I have another one (from real > > life) - if I post a picture taken on the phone > not > > by me during the break from the cafeteria > showing > > only hall with few proctors - is it a violation? > I > > also post it without copyright sign or link to > > source. It’s a non professional foto. Is it a > > violation? > > > Are you posting it on your desk at work, or > posting it like on facebook? Kind of a Facebook but only Russian version of this social network. I took it away just in case, but still wonder. According to what I’ve read above, it does give some info about structure of exam. But does it mean that I can not tell my friends what was this exam about and how much I was impressed by 2,000 people sitting silent in a huge hall. I guess that’s ok, since it’s my personal interpretation. Well, hope this question will not arise at exam.

What about the charterholder who passed his CFA exams before the 2003 and those old exams even the CFAI already released, If that is the case, I guess the answer is A, no violation. This question is not very clear and can be ambiguos.