Ethics Question

If a CFA Institute member believes that the activity of his or her co-workers is unethical or in violation of the Code and Standards, the member should: I. Confront the person engaging in the unethical conduct. II. Attempt to stop the behavior by bringing it to the attention of their employer. III. Dissociate from behavior by resigning, if necessary. II only. I and II. I only. I, II and III. I answered A. by elimination as I thought that “Confront the person engaging in unethical conduct” would not be recommended as they’re should be guidlines involving management or counselors that might be best to follow. I was wrong. What do you think? Second, should someone quit if someone else is acting unethically? Why not just reporting to authorities? I thought dissociation is enough. What do you think?

I think the answer is I, II and III. right?

Yeah. It’s all of the above.

reebs81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Second, should someone quit if someone else is > acting unethically? Why not just reporting to > authorities? I thought dissociation is enough. > > What do you think? In practice it’s a little bit different i agree, i can’t think of many situations where resignation would be the only way to dissociate from the behaviour.