Ethics Questions

#1. Is it compliant to have a brochure outlining your performance results without any supporting materials? #2. Do ALL gifts have to be disclosed or only those of significant monetary value that it would be perceived as additional compensation? Saw a question somewhere that allowed the portfolio manager to accept flowers/chocalates but not a lucrative trip somewhere as it would have been deemed additional compensation.

PJStyles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > #1. Is it compliant to have a brochure outlining > your performance results without any supporting > materials? > > #2. Do ALL gifts have to be disclosed or only > those of significant monetary value that it would > be perceived as additional compensation? Saw a > question somewhere that allowed the portfolio > manager to accept flowers/chocalates but not a > lucrative trip somewhere as it would have been > deemed additional compensation. #1 i dont think so #2 i think you dont have to disclose token gifts

for #2 i think you have to. Per the CFAI free item set sample questions (available on their webite) the solution to one of the ethics question stated that the $100 threshold is no longer applicable. So disclosure of token gifts would fall under disclosure.

#1 I think it’s fine, as long as you say that additional info is available per request