Ethics quiz - sharing exam content

CFAI Example 5 p142 V1 states: “Level I candidate Etienne Gagne has been a frequent visitor to an internet forum designed specifically for CFA Program candidates. The week after completing the Level I examination, Gagne and several others begin a discussion thread on the forum about the most challenging questions and attempt to determine the correct answers.” Violation?

Yes

Another one… after the exam, posting “I was surprised to see there were no questions at all about Global Performance Attribution.” Violation?

Yes…I noticed this was a new example in this year’s version of the Code and Standards. You can be sure that CFAI is monitoring this site.

programmer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Another one… after the exam, posting “I was > surprised to see there were no questions at all > about Global Performance Attribution.” > > Violation? Yes, it’s a violation to discuss content of the exam.

Okay one more. “I remember last year’s PM section had an item set about Black Litterman.” Violation?

programmer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Okay one more. “I remember last year’s PM section > had an item set about Black Litterman.” > > Violation? I think it depends if CFAI has publicly disclosed the contents of the prior year exam…anyone else have a more definite answer?

It’s a violation for sure, none of the PM sections are ever released.

might as well say she visited analystforum.com and then got a 5 year sanction for a lame ass attempt at recreating the L2 exam

How about discussing answers from the exam, but no discussion on the question itself. I saw this a lot last year on this forum. For example, saying something like “I like oil” implying that you thought that oil was the correct answer to an exam question. Violation?

It’s borderline at the least, and would depend on how much reference to the question. To be honest, I’m baffled that this behaviour now constitutes a violation. Every exam I’ve ever written has been followed by confirming answers with classmates, and there isn’t anything unethical about it. I mean, what’s wrong with wanting to know the answer to a question you were borderline with?